Sunday, September 14, 2014

Welcome to the blog tour for
Adrian Lessons
by L.A. Rose! 


Title: Adrian Lessons
Author: L.A. Rose
Rating: 

If there’s one thing Cleo Reynolds knows, it’s that she’s not into Adrian King. 

 The son of a model with the looks to prove it, the experienced author of her school newspaper’s sex advice column, the cocky playboy with a hint of darkness. That Adrian King. 

 Nope. Nuh-uh. No way. 

 The problem is, he’s very into her. 

 After accidentally flashing him, and slightly-less-accidentally-but-still-totally-unintentionally making out with him in front of the whole class, she expects to be called crazy. Instead, he asks her out. 

 Cleo’s determined not to end up as another notch on his bedpost. Except she hasn’t done…you know…it in a while. (Read: ever.) And as a girl who pays her tuition by writing all the sex scenes in her roommate’s bestselling romance series, the lack of inspiration has served up a fat slice of writer’s block.

 Until her roommate proposes that Cleo and Adrian act out all the steamy scenes in her book. 

 It’s just research. No feelings involved. 

 Nope. Nuh-uh. No way.


Adrian Lessons begins when Cleo ends up having a major writers block. You see she writes the sex parts for her best friend/roomates novels, and they both get paid for it. But unforunetly if Cleo doesn't come up with something good for the book, then it's possible she won't have the money to keep paying for college. 
So, with that in mind she sets out to get inspired.. But that doesn't turn out so well for her, and she ends up flashing one of the hottest guys she's ever seen by accident. 

 Next thing Cleo knows her crazy roommate is encouraging her to have "Adrian Lessons." Adrian is the hottest guy Cleo's ever seen, and she also thinks he's a major player. But that's not true at all. Adrian actually knows Cleo more than she thinks, and he's not at all what she thinks he is... 

 Cleo and Adrian have a very humorous relationship! The thing is though Cleo gets scared because of her past, but Adrian is bound and determined to prove to her that she's worth it, and that they are worth taking a chance on together. 

 This book was good. It was really really good till about fifty percent, then it just became good. I was a little bit frustrated with Cleo after that part, and a few parts before that as well. She was kind of a coward, and it seemed no matter how hard Adrian tried to prove himself it wasn't enough.

 However, Adrian was awesome! He was a sexy alpha male, with a bit of arrogence, but he was also super freaking sweet, and I adored him. The story ended with an awesome HEA, and had me laughing out loud through most of the book!


Excerpt:
“Christ,” Adrian finally mutters after a good half minute of staring at my body. He runs his hand through his hair. 

I’m not saying my grand plan is to make him so worked up he’ll have to satisfy me. And then I can move on with my life. I’m not saying that’s my plan, but if it were, I’d be an evil genius. 

 “You too,” I smirk, trailing my fingers down my bare waist. “That shirt looks expensive. Wouldn’t want to mess it up.” 

 Not taking his eyes from me, he pulls his shirt off, back over front in that casual way boys have. I gasp. Doves zoom overhead, sprinkling golden confetti. A chorus of angels sing. Okay, not all that actually happens, but it’s the first time I’ve seen him shirtless. 

 And that chest deserves some fanfare.

 His torso is tan, lithe and strong, the hard contours of a six-pack-verging-on-eight-pack begging to be licked. Every ounce of him is sculpted, refined. Just looking at him floods my abdomen with tension. There’s a swirling tattoo on the left side of his ribs, but I’m too busy thinking about how I want to mount his torso on my mantelpiece like a serial killer to dwell on it. 

 My roommate looks between us, her eyes narrowed. “You two seem to be getting along much better today.” If by ‘getting along’ she means ‘staring at each other with enough sexual tension to hoist the Titanic from the bottom of the sea’ then yes. 

 “Remember, guys,” she says. “Last time was more about the romance between the characters. Their first kiss. This is purely sexual.” 

 At the words ‘purely sexual’, a shiver grips my spine. I think Adrian might be similarly affected, because he hardens all over. And I mean all over. 

 “Come on, then,” I muster up the courage to say, fingering the lacy edge of my panties. “Inspire me.”

L.A Rose recently made it out of college alive and with an English degree. She's a habitual beach bum and a not-exactly-recovered romance addict. She's also plucked up the courage to become an indie author! ADRIAN LESSONS, a New Adult contemporary romance to be released on August 25th, is her first book - if you don't count the ones she wrote before she finally came up with something publishable. (She prefers not to.)




by Whitney Martin 3:00 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Ah, it's too bad the last part wasn't as good as the first, but it seems fun enough so I want to read it, thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still enjoyed it though! So I hope you like it :)

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%