Monday, September 29, 2014

Title: Deacon
Series: Unfinished Hero #4
Author: Kristen Ashley
Rating: 

Deacon has an ugly history, a history that broke him, leaving him a ghost of a man. Out of necessity, he left the normal world to descend into the criminal world and found he fit. So he stayed. Cold as ice and living off the grid, Deacon has no intention to connect, not with anyone.

Then he returns to some remote cabins in the Colorado Mountains and finds they have new owners. One of them is Cassidy Swallow, a young woman willing to work hard to live her quiet dream in a house by a river surrounded by aspen and pine.

Suddenly, Deacon finds he’s at war. Cassidy’s pull for him to connect is strong. He fights it, but he loses, always coming back for more. But when he does, he gives her nothing.

From the first time she sees him, Cassidy knows Deacon is dead inside. She knows he’s the kind of man who could destroy a woman. But one night when Deacon’s control slips, Cassidy takes a chance.

He might break her. He also might be her dream come true.


Deacon begins when Cassie moves to Colorado to start her dream of owning and managing some cabins in the mountains. She and her current boyfriend are trying to make a go of it, but it may not end up the way she wants. 

Deacon is a man who Cassie is instantly weary of but there is also a pull towards him that she can't deny even though he seems to be able to. These two have to go years through lots of issues before they ever manage to actually come together.. And when the do come together it could end in heartache or end up being the best thing that ever happened to either of them.

The book pulled me in from the very beginning. It wasn't just because it was another KA book, it was because it was very intriguing to me. And it got better through out the book. I thought it was a really good story line, with two supremely awesome main characters, a lovable dog, and some crazy friends. 

The things I really LOVED about the book:
1) Deacon and Cassie's relationship. I loved the fact that they just "got" each other, and they seemed to communicate so differently then most couples! 

2) Deacon's pet names for Cassie. And just the way he speaks in general! 

3) Deacon. Just Deacon. Everything about him was so awesome. I loved that he had a hard time with certain things, but then he could be super sweet and a major alpha male all at the same time. 

4) Cassie. She was a different kind of female to me then a lot of heroines. She was "Cassie Boss" and I loved that. (Must read to understand fully)


Things that bugged me about the book:
1) The ending. I felt like it didn't really end Deacon and Cassie's story. And I know there will be another book, but it is going to be Nick's story. So.. That was kind of frustrating. 

2) I was kind of bummed that there wasn't any action. Almost every KA book has a little action in it or something, and this one just didn't. 

3)I kind of felt that the whole must be "John Priest" not Deacon was kind of annoying. (I won't say more because I don't want to spoil it) But that was just sort of frustrating and it didn't make sense to me at all. 


That's really about it. I really enjoyed the book a whole lot though. Even though I ended up having to read it twice in order to just get my thoughts about the book in straight before I wrote my review! And now I'm very much looking forward to the next book in the Unfinished Hero series!
by Whitney Martin 1:30 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%