Monday, September 15, 2014


Title: Melancholy
Author: Bella Jewel
Rating: 

"There's never been a time I've cared about anything more than my club. Today that all changed. Today I got you." 

 To truly understand a story; you need to start from the beginning, but to start from the beginning; you have to go back, further than just you. After all, our stories don’t start with us, do they? Our stories start with the person before us, and the person before them. We are created from the stories of those people - from their mistakes, from their achievements, from their love and their hate. 

 No one’s story is ever truly their own.

 I tried to create my own story, my own path, and my own actions. I’ve seen things people only see in their worst nightmares, but I never let it beat me down. I never let it become who I was. I picked myself up, and I kept going. Everything was what it was. 

 There was no point analyzing what it could be. 

 Could be’s didn’t matter. 

 Until Maddox came into the picture. He saved my life. He changed my world; giving me the second chance some of us only dream about. There was only one thing missing in my second chance, and she was the reason I fought so hard to survive.

 My sister. 

 My sister who is supposed to be dead, well, at least, that’s what I thought. 

 That’s what he told me. 

 Now is where my story changes, but to understand this story, you have to start at the beginning…where it all began…and before. 

 This story is the second book in a series. You can get the first book on all major retailers. (Precarious - Jokers' Wrath MC Book 1) 

 This contains no cliffhanger and has a HEA. 18+


 


Melancholy begins just after the first book in the series ended. The heroine has just been shot and is waking up in the hospital. Things between her and Maddox seem to change some, but she's unsure of her a feelings. And Maddox doesn't seem to be really acting on his either. But these two also have to deal with someone who seems to want to hurt her, along with finding more information about her sister who she thought dead, but is actually alive!

This book was good. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first one in the series, mainly because there wasn't "Krypt's Angel" sorry I had to say that, I can not stand that from the first book! (And there was one part in this book when I thought Krypt was a hypocrite for getting mad at Maddox about something, when he wanted to keep secrets from his "angel")

All right I'm done with that now.  Anyways, I loved Maddox and Santana together. They were an awesome couple. However, Santana got on my nerves at the beginning the way she kept acting was driving me nuts. It was also great getting to see all the other characters. And this book didn't just have drama, it had some sexy times, and lots of action as well. It made a great story that pulled you in the beginning and had you wanting more in the end. 

Other than that though I really enjoyed the book, and I loved getting to see Mack to! I think his book is going to be my favorite! I'm super excited about the next one now. I can not wait. 



Bella Jewel is an Aussie girl through and through. She spent her life in Western Australia, growing up in many different areas of the state. She now currently lives in Perth with her husband, children and mass amounts of pets. She's crazy, fun, outgoing and friendly. Writing is her passion, she started at the young age of 18 but finally got the courage up to publish, and her first novel Hell's Knights was released in August 2013.


 
by Whitney Martin 3:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%