Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Welcome to Snark Week: Day Two!
This is a blogger challenge hosted by Parajunkee! Be sure to check out the blog and sign up for "Snark Week!"

Today's Topic...

Feeding Frenzy! The Top Ten List of Worst Books You’ve Ever Read

My List:

1) Heller's Revenge by J.D. Nixon
I started out reading this one thinking it would be good, because I actually liked the first book in this series, but I was very very wrong. I actually did not finish this one because I just couldn't stand it.  I really hated the fact that Tilly had a boyfriend yet she would "mess" around with Heller, but not consider it cheating. Then she hast he nerve to say she "loves" her boyfriend... Seriously? Umm no I do not think so. There was just something wrong with her, and this story took a turn for the worse after that. I didn't finish the book, or the series. 


2) Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan

I really liked the beginning of this story when the two main characters meet, but then after that I just hated everything about this book. I still sometimes wonder why the heck I even read the whole thing, because I eventually hated it. First off, there is lots and lots of cheating. Seriously, sick and twisted cheating. Then the heroine is all kinds of wishy washy in love with a psychopath... And yeah, I hated this story. But It's weird because I liked the description of the second book in this series and I loved it! But this first one I just can't stand it. 

3) Hudson by Shayne McClendon
To give a few details about the book this is the second one in this series, and it is nothing at all like the first one. This one is about Hudson Winters and Gabriella Hernandez. 
So I will be the first to say that the first one was much much better. All though it had lots of sexy, and even some out there stuff going on, it was a lot more intriguing than this one. 
I actually did not like this one AT ALL! There was nothing I liked about it. 
It drove me nuts. 

*Spoiler Alert* 
It felt like Gabriella was just a toy between Hudson and Natalie so they could realize that they actually had feelings for each other. Then Gabriella basically gets heartbroken in the end as she brings these two lovers together once and for all! Seriously? I did not want to read a book about the heroine getting her heart broken and the man she wants finds "his love" is with someone else! Dang, it was horrible. I'm actually scared to read any more of this author's books if they will come out like that! I should not have even finished it, but I had to know what was going to happen and now I do not ever want to read it again! 


4) One of the Guys by Ashley Johnson
This book looked interested by the blurb and cover. But it had a really stupid annoying heroine in it. I'm not going to give too much away. But I will say that she ended up being abused, but then learns to fight. However, she is over eighteen and doesn't try to get out of her situation... The heroine was just so frustrating to me. I hated this book, and all of the characters. 



5)  Reflected in You by Sylvia Day
This book pissed me off greatly! I really really loved the first book in this series, but this one was a horrible. I hated the fact the whole time your reading this one you feel like Gideon is cheating on Eva. I mean you learn everything in the end, but still. All this crap seemed so pointless and stupid. I hated it. And I really love the characters, and the first book, but this one just made me so mad! 


6) Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
When it came to reading this one I actually thought I would like it. But I really didn't I couldn't even finish it, because it was just that awful to me. And this is one of those books that it seems like EVERYONE but you loves, but it just wasn't for me. I hated Gabriel. And I hated the heroine as well. I felt like the plot was stiff and boring. And then the way the characters spoke was just so annoying. This one just frustrated me, and I did not like it at all. 


7) Thirty-Eight Days by Len Webster

This book actually started out slowly and I thought it would end up being really good. But I was so wrong. The main heroine and hero are both so stupid, and ridiculous it was awful. 
I really wanted to like the book too because the writing was good. But the plot and characters just didn't do well to me. There isn't exactly cheating in it, but it still sort of felt that way. Then towards the end there is no HEA, and it leads into another book. But I just felt like the main characters were annoying and stupid so I won't be reading any more in this series. 


Well that is all I can think of! I guess I don't have ten of them! 
Be sure you post your ten as well, and just let all the snark out you can on your most hated books! :)


by Whitney Martin 2:30 AM 14 comments

14 comments :

  1. I haven't read any of these books. The only one I heard of was Reflected In You but I don't really have any interest in that particular genre. Thanks for the heads up and for checking out my snarky post :)
    New bloglovin follower
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! And I'm following you back. :)

      Delete
  2. Isn't Gabriell's Inferno part of a series? I heard it was going to be the next FSOG, then I never heard anything else about it. Since you disliked it so much, I'm going to defer to your superior knowledge and avoid it. Thanks for the head's up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is part of a sereis. I've heard things like it was going to be like FSOG, but I don't know for sure. I know that the way the charcters spoke really threw it off for me.

      Delete
  3. Gabriel's Inferno made my list too. Hated it. So much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of any of these except for Silvia Day's series. I've thought about giving it a try but haven't gotten around to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first book in the series, but just coudn't stand the second one. And the third was just pointless in my opinion. I may even skip the fourth, and just read the fifth to see how it ends.

      Delete
  5. With Gabriel's Inferno I could not like that book, but by the time you almost got to the end it maybe started being a little good, but too little too late. And Sylvia Day's Crossfire. I keep tellng myself I'll get to book 3 but never happens. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't care much for book three either. I felt like it was almost a repeat of everything else that happened.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read any of these but I will say they have the most generic covers ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these, but I notice a trend of annoying heroines! That's how most of my list ended up, too! I just cannot stand characters who don't make sense with their actions, or are just stupid/whiny/whatever! Aah!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very frustrating. I hate that! It drives me nuts.

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%