Monday, August 11, 2014

Welcome to Snark Week: Day one! 
This is a blogger challenge hosted by Parajunkee! Be sure to check out the blog and sign up for "Snark Week!"

"Jaws better watch out"

Today's topic is...

Snark Attack! 
Tell us how you really feel about a particular blogging subject. Let it off your chest. This is your chance to just EXPLODE!


Well to say this was actually kind of hard would be very true. I had to really dig down and think about which topic really bugged me that people blog about, and let me tell you what I came up with. 


Fifty Shades of Grey!

This trailer just came out, and it seems like everybody and their mother is posting about this. And I have to say I'm actually guilty of it too, but then after I made one post I was done. But people keep repeating these posts. There are more and more posts about FSOG, and what Men would think, and all this other kinds of crazy stuff. 

To be competently honest I didn't like FSOG, like at all. And it has nothing to do with BDSM. It has all to do with the fact that what story line was actually in the book couldn't even compete with the stupid hero and heroine. I hated how freaking whiny and annoying the heroine was. Seriously! It was like she got off on being so annoying. I wanted to strangle her. 

Then to me the hero was just a coward. I felt like when he was younger he was taken advantage of, but instead of moving on from that he used that to his advantage and became a coward. Now instead of trying to be in a real relationship he uses sex to get what he wants yet keep people at a distance. I seriously felt like he was the world's biggest coward. 
And I don't know about you, but I want a real man, not some coward whose so afraid of relationship and commitment. 

So, in a way these two deserved each other. The only book I really did like was the third one. And I know your probably think well if you didn't like why did you read all three of them?
Well the answer to that question was I wanted to see what the big deal was, and while I did kind of like the first one, I hated the second one, but felt the third one was the actually good one of the three. And that was mainly because there was some action in that book, and I don't mean sexy action either. I felt it had more story to it than the two previous books. 

Now to finalize my big ol' rant. I'm sick of everyone posting about FSOG. I get it is a huge deal, but seriously? Isn't there something out there better than that one? Like for instance the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day? I think that one is much better than FSOG, even though I'm a little pissed at the author for making the trilogy into five books. But oh well. I will just skip the fourth book and read book five. 

All right everyone! This is the end of my rant. I want to hear about your Snark now! 



by Whitney Martin 2:30 AM 10 comments

10 comments :

  1. I am so done with hearing about FSOG! I never liked it and like you it wasn't because of the sexual content but because I thought the Christian was a douche. Plus I found it incredibly unbelievable. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest lol
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Anytime! I'm so glad there is someone else out there who feels the way I do!! :)

      Delete
  2. I have to confess that I never read FSOG. From the reviews I have read, I don't believe I would enjoy these characters so I never felt the desire to give it a try, but I am constantly asked "Did you read 50 Shades?" like this is the literary standard for all romance. Just like if I mention I like paranormal, people presume it's all Twilight. I always want to pass out a list of "If you like *blank*, here's a better story for you to check out..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's crazy! You mention paranormal and the first thing that comes to my mind is Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews, or Jennifer Estep books. Not Twilight.. I sort of forgot that could even be considered Paranormal!

      And that's just not right that people think FSOG should be the standard for romance, because it is so NOT!

      :)

      Delete
  3. Finally someone said it. I haven't personally read FSOG but I have friends who have and obviously there are so many people going crazy about it that you can pretty much figure out the plot. I have read plenty of other BDSM books though and from what people are telling me, FSOG is just a book about abuse and not what BDSM is about at all. There are plenty of other BDSM books out there that are so much better. And I agree with Lucy, I just want to hand out lists of better books to people.

    ~April @ Once Upon a Coffin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't really see it being as a book about BDSM. It just felt more like a contemporary romance about a guy who was so screwed up he tried to claim he was apart of BDSM... He was utterly annoying, and the heroine was even worse! I hated her.

      Delete
  4. What really annoys me is when I tell people I'm published and they ask what I write. I reply, "Erotic romance", to let them know there's naughty bits in my stuff. Either they recoil as if they just stepped in something nasty, saying, "Who reads THAT kind of stuff?" with unconcealed disgust on their faces...or they wink and poke me, with raised eyebrows, asking, "Oh! Like FSOG?" If I'm in the mood to explain, I do an eye-roll and say, "No, I actually have plot and realistic characters, so no, I don't write like that at all." Or I'll tell them, "No, no females are beaten into submission until they tell the man they love him,". Or, "No, no billionaires, not even a millionaire in my books. Only real people...women you'd like to be friends with and men you'd like to jump on!" SIgh. As if that's the ONLY erotic book ever written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god! I really never even though of it from an author's perspective. I bet that freaking sucks to tell people you write erotic romance, and then they immediately think of FSOG!! Crap, I would probably be pissed lol!

      Delete
  5. Girl! I totally get that! I didn't like it when I did read it and I felt the same that it had nothing to do with the BDSM theme b/c I have read quite a bit of erotica since FSOG and loved it. The charcters were morons. I have certain tastes on how my leading lady and man have to be for me to enjoy it. But I'm getting sick of everyone expressing how this book series is GOD. Lolz! I admit I will probably go see the movie, but it's not like this series is the best thing since sliced bread. Ugh. It so overrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! And though I read the series once, I won't read it again. And I do want to see the movie at some point once it comes out. I may just wait till it's on Netflix though lol then watch it. But I sort of can't seem to stop myself from that even though I do get a creepy vibe off of it now.

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%