Friday, August 8, 2014

Title: Scarlet
Series: Scarlet, #1
Author: A.C. Gaughen
Rating: 

Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance. Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, 

Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. 

Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in. It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.

Scarlet is a different kind of telling of the "Robin Hood" story. Scarlet is a young woman who is posing as a man, and is one of Robin Hood's band of men. She is actually one of the best thieves they have, and is extremely fierce. But she is also hiding a whole bunch of secrets from her past, they may actually come back to haunt her. And when that happens no one is safe any more. Then with tax day coming Robin and Scarlet have a whole lot of lives to save while trying to keep safe themselves. 

 Scarlet was not at all what I was picturing. I loved that it was really different from all the other Robin Hood stories you read about. And I loved Scarlet, she was an amazing heroine, even though at times she was a little unsure of herself. She was still very brave, and courageous. I also liked the rest of the men like Rob, John, and Much. I really only had a few issues with the book.

 1) I didn't like how John and Rob treated Scarlet when it came to her "romantic" interest. This wasn't exactly a huge deal, but it still bothered me. I felt like John was coming on too strong, and didn't really have those feelings for her. And I felt like Rob was a major jerk to her, and some of it wasn't redeemable. 

 2)At times the story was a little boring. It felt like it dragged on quite a bit, and that bothered me. But other than these issues I liked the story over all, and the characters. I don't think I will read the next book, but this story was a nice read to get lost in.

by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%