Monday, August 4, 2014

Title: King's
Series: The King Trilogy, #1
Author: Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
Rating: 

A NEW, DARK FANTASY FROM NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER, MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF 

 “I am the man who can find anything or anyone. For a price. And my price is you.” 

 When Mia Turner’s brother goes missing in Mexico, while on an archaeological dig, she believes that life couldn’t get much worse. But when she’s blocked at every turn from finding answers, by both local and U.S. authorities, she must turn to a man she swears is the devil. 

 Others might be fooled by his private jet, fine tailored suits, and disarming smile, but Mia knows something dark, sinister, and unnatural lurks behind those penetrating, pale-gray eyes. And the more she learns, the more she realizes she may never be free again.

King's begins when Mia Turner’s brother goes missing. She is desperate to find him and figure out what is going on. Her desperation leads her to King, and her downfall. She instantly knows asking him for him may be the biggest mistake of her life, but she can't help herself she wants her brother back, but also there maybe a small part of her that is drawn to King for some strange reason. As she continues to give up her life for him and play his twisted mind games she's learning about a whole new world she never would have thought real had she not experienced it. 

 King has a very confusing yet interesting plot line. I felt all kinds of confused throughout most of this book. But I think it's because the main character is plenty confused most of the time. I liked the characters, and hated them at the same time. I felt King was an extreme jerk through out most of the book, but towards the end I actually started to like him a lot. And Mia. I really had a lot of sympathy for her in the beginning, and I didn't like how she was treated. But then I felt she kept going a little over bored on her antics. Seriously, I mean King was actually helping her, and all she seemed to care about was how much of a bastard he was. It got some what annoying. But most of all I'm upset, yet excited over the cliffhanger ending. I can not believe it ended like that. I felt mostly confused, and frustrated about it. But I do look forward to reading the next book. 

 So over all I liked the book. But there wasn't something about it that didn't exactly make it great. It wasn't just Mia, it was a lot of the confusion too.

by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%