Sunday, August 10, 2014

Title: Honest Love
Author:  C.M Hutton
Rating: 

Starting over was never easy for anyone.
 I’d heard the stories over and over. 

 But after the hell my ex-husband had put me through over the last year, over the last twenty years…well, I was ready to move on, repair what was left of my shattered heart and find someone to share my life with—someone who would put me first. I deserved it. I’d done my time being in her shadow, being a cheap understudy, always second. For. All. Those. Years. Never again. 

 Our move to San Diego provided a fresh start, a new place away from all the hurt and memories. Life as a single mom to three teenagers had its' challenges, but we were adjusting and my kids were doing well. It was time to focus on my happiness, for once. I had a huge capacity to love and I wanted to share my love with a man that respected it, accepted it and gave it in return. 

 It was just a matter of time before he found me and showed me what true, honest love was all about.


Honest Love begins when Claire and her three children move to a new city to get away from the life they had. After twenty years Claire is now getting a divorce from her husband, and Claire is ready to finally have a love of someone who really cares. That's when she meets a man who seems to be a kindred spirit to her. He's gone through a few similar things that she has, and now these two can't stay away from each other. They progress into a very fast paced romance, but each of them seem to have a lot of doubts about everything. But they must be willing to fight past the hurt, in order to have their happily ever after. 

 This book was okay. I liked the story, and the writing was good. But I couldn't really connect with the characters. I felt like at first Claire was really great, and it felt like she was really willing to give her heart a chance to love again. But after seeing the way she started acting I felt like that was a load of crap. And then the hero wasn't all that great either. He made a few mistakes, but made up for them in the end. I was really happy with the way it ended though. So over all it was a nice read to pass the time with, but not much else.

by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%