Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Title: The Body Finder
Series: The Body Finder, #1
Author: Kimberly Derting
Rating: 

Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes that the dead leave behind in the world... and the imprints that attach to their killers. 

 Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find the dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.

 Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer... and becoming his prey herself.

The Body Finder begins with Violet learning at a young age that she is different from most people. She has the ability to find bodies that have been murdered, and the murder. None of this comes into effect for her really until one day a girl ends up dead, and Violet finds the body. Along with Violet trying to help out the police with the missing girls, she's also dealing with how ever feelings for her long time best friend Jay have changed. But it seems it is only on her side, because he doesn't seem to notice... 

 This book was okay. I liked the body finding aspect of it. But I just couldn't connect with the characters that well. However, the plot line was very good, and I was very interested in what was going to happen with Violet. I did like the book, and I'm not sure yet if I will read more in the series, but I think the unique part of the story was something I had never read about before, and it was extremely intriguing. I also did like Violet as well. She handled her "gift" very well, and didn't give up when it seemed too dangerous, or too hard. I really liked that about her a lot.

by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. This book was just okay to me. I had liked it enough to continue. I liked the second book a lot better though. =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will continue it. I'm glad you liked the second one! That's good to know, it does make me consider continuing. but I doubt I will.

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%