Monday, August 4, 2014

Title: Precarious
Series: Jokers' Wrath MC, #1
Author: Bella Jewel
Rating: 

In darkness, we find danger. In danger, I find Beau. 

 Ash is a prison guard, she's tough, she's strong and she never backs away from a fight. She takes her job seriously, she takes her training seriously, and everything in her life goes as planned. Until the day he is brought into the prison. She'll never forget meeting Beau 'Krypt' Dawson for the first time. She'll never forget his haunted eyes and his numb expression. He's a member of the Jokers Wrath MC and it is said he killed an innocent family in the middle of a cafe, in cold blood. 

 Deranged. Crazy. Psychotic. 

All those words describe the infamous Krypt, but Ash suspects there's far more to the quiet man than meets the eye. Secrets are being hidden by the club, information is being kept under wraps. Krypt is silent for a reason. Ash is desperate to know that reason. Continually fighting, Krypt is transferred to a high security prison. Ash is in charge. She's always prepared, always alert. Not even her skills will stop the club from ambushing them and taking back Krypt. Only Ash ends up right in the middle of it. They take her, too. Now she's stuck with a Motorcycle Club who are tougher than any prisoner she's ever laid eyes on. And they won't let her go. She's too much of a risk. Until the situation can be sorted, they send her and Krypt into the mountains together....alone. An epic, dangerous love will be built on the foundations of darkness.



Precarious begins with Ash going to work as usual as a prison guard. She's the type of fierce strong woman who can handle that kind of work, and she loves her job most of the time. But her whole world changes when a new inmate comes in. His name is Beau. And she knows that he is different. Ash sees things in him that she doesn't see in most, and she's extremely attracted to him. So when she starts to see things happening to him that shouldn't and he warns her about her fellow guards she knows something bad is going on, but she just doesn't realize how bad until she's "kidnapped" in prison escape. Now Beau aka Krypt is going to do everything he can to keep her safe, and maybe make her his... 

 I really enjoyed this book. It was not at all what I was expecting it to be. I will say that the beginning wast he best part. About the first 25% of the book was just perfect! But then a few little things started to bug me. 

 1) I hated the fact that it almost seemed like Ash had a split personality. One minuet she was all "I will tell you if I want you, I don't play games." Then the next she's trying to deny what she wants... Kind of confusing and frustrating. But I still loved her character. Even though she made me want to slap. 

 2) The issue with Penny. I won't say too much but this just felt dumb. I felt like the author just added this in for extra drama, and it wasn't even really needed. And I also felt that Krypt made some major mistakes when it came to how he handled this situation and he didn't really redeem himself in my eyes. I also didn't like the whole "Krypts Angel" thing. That needed to be nipped in the bud fast if he wanted Ash. So I didn't really like all that stuff that involved Penny. 

 Other than these two things this book was freaking awesome. I really enjoyed the plot line, the writing was amazing as well, and the characters were exactly what you want in a biker book. Now I'm even more excited to see the next one after that ending! It was crazy.


by Whitney Martin 1:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%