Monday, August 18, 2014

Welcome to the Back To School Book Blogger Challenge hosted by 

"Let's Get To Class"


Today's Class Post is...

Challenge Day 1 – Stand up and introduce yourself

This is me standing up and introducing myself! 

All 4 feet 9in of me :)

My name is Whitney and I'm a blogger (obviously) 
Shooting Stars Reviews was created by me, and the design is from our very own awesome Parajunkee! 


Here's some interesting facts about me:
(This reminds me of that song called "I Wanna Talk About Me by Toby Keith")


  • I'm 23
  • I love Romance books!
  • I live in Texas!
  • I'm married to my high school sweetheart, and have been for the past six years!
  • I have a two year old son named after George Lucas (creator of Star Wars) And so my hubby can quote "Luc, I am your FATHER" one day... Yep we are total nerds!
  • I have a cat named Tuffie!
  • I love dogs!
  • I love chocolate
  • My favorite color is blue!
  • I love 80's music and movies
  • My favorite authors: Kristen Ashley, Nicola Claire, Jennifer Estep, Kendal Waller, and Tijan. 
  • I'm addicted to crime T.V. shows like: Bones, CSI, Law & Order, Numbers, and sometimes NCIS.
  • I also love these other T.V. Shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Dawson's Cree, Charmed, Smallville, and One Tree Hill!
  • I really want to go to Paris one day!
  • I love video games and other games. Mario, Donkey Kong, and Animal Crossing.
  • I love to collect things: Books, snow globes, movies, music, comic books, action figures.
  • I love to dress up in costumes. Like the Jawa from Star Wars! (See pic below it's me in costume!)
  • I got to meet John Billingsley from Star Trek Enterprise t.v show. (He was the doctor)
  • I also got to dance on stage with Weird Al Yankovic dressed as a Jawa!
  • I work as a publicist at The Zharmae Publishing Press
  • I really love blogging! 



 Me on Halloween in a dress I actually made! :)
 My hubby and myself!

 John Billingsley and me!

Weird Al Yankovic and me!


All right enough about me! 
Let's hear about you all. 

by Whitney Martin 2:30 AM 14 comments

14 comments :

  1. I'd love to meet anyone from either the original Star Trek, or TNG. We gave 2 of our sons tickets last Christmas to see William Shatner's one-man show, along with backstage tickets so they got to meet him and have their pictures taken with him! They go to Comic-cons also, and have met Bruce Campell and Kevin Sorbo (Hercules AND Dylan Hunt from Andromeda!) Sci-fi nerds rule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been really cool to meet William Shatner! I have heard he's not the nicest guy though lol! I am dying to go to Comic con too it would be so much fun! Thanks for stopping by Fiona!

      Delete
  2. This was so much fun to read! I am in love with the reasoning behind naming your son, Luk!!! Great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! My hubby is a major Star Wars nut so it all just came together very well. :)

      Delete
  3. You met John Billingsley? Aaahh, I'm so jealous! I'd kill to meet any cast member from any of the Star Trek series, I'm such a Trekkie. And you've definitely got to go to Paris someday, it's the best place ever.

    Louise - Nerdette Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved meeting him. I got to take a picture with him as you can see in my post. But my major fan girl moment was when we got up really early at the hotel and since no one else was there BUT John Billingsley we ended up having breakfast with him! It was so awesome. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm jealous that you got to meet Weird Al. What do you think of his new album? I think it's his best yet.

    Fun Fact: my husband looks like Riker from TNG. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was pretty cool, and a little bit crazy :) I haven't got a chance to listen to his new album yet but I will! I love all of his Star Wars songs, they are my favorites.

      And that is totally crazy your husband looks like Riker! :)

      Delete
  5. Whoa you have the best costumes. :) & the reasoning behind your son's name is awesome. I really want to go to Paris too!

    Anyway, nice to "meet" you!

    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I hope you get to go to Paris as well. it will be so much fun and beautiful.

      Delete
  6. I`m Dying you got to meet Weird Al. That is amazing. He was doing a concert on my sweet 16 and my mom tried to get tickets but they sold out. Im still hopping to see him live one day.

    Lovely post. just going through and spreading the Challenge love

    Ashley
    Books Buying Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I hope you get to see him one day! Before it was our turn to dance with him we got to watch the concert like everyone else, but after that we watched from backstage! :)

      Delete
  7. Nice to meet you :) Wow, what a great costume, it was awesome ! And why you named your son, this is such a great story !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you! I love the costume myself. And I think it's cool to get to tell people the reason we named our son.

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%