Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Title: Unmasked Volume 1
Series: Unmakes, #1
Author: Cassia Leo
Rating: 
I was born into this world unwanted. I spent the first hours of my life unloved.
 I spent the first eighteen years of my life with the parents who tried to shelter me from the harsh reality of my existence. But you can’t un-write a sad story if the ending is literally written all over your face. 

 So I moved out and now I hide. I have a night job that pays the bills. Every night, I put on my mask and walk to work. 

 Then one night, I hear and see something that will change my purpose in life... forever: a murder that will bring him to me. He says he wants to protect me. And, through a series of events I can’t fully make sense of, I find myself believing him. But our nightly visits are always cloaked in darkness. I don’t know his face and he will never know mine. 

 I was born into this world unwanted. I will leave this world unmasked.

This story begins when Alex realizes she's being followed.. She's not exactly what is going on, but the next thing she knows is she is seeing something she shouldn't so she takes off running and ends up getting hurt. Alex who is always in hiding, and living her life in the dark do to certain circumstance she is now faced with Daimon who claims to work with the police, but she doesn't trust him at all.. These two start off a strange relationship that ends with all kinds of craziness you will just have to read to find out! 

 This book was really different, and difficult to get a good read on. I never expected what to happen in the end to happen.. It left me utterly confused, and angry all at the same time. I liked this author's other short story serial series and I'm beginning to be obsessed with the whole serial stories anyways, so this one was another one I thought would be interesting. I liked the characters in this one, and I really liked the plot line. I wouldn't call this story great, but not bad either. It was very interesting and has me wanting to read the next book!
by Whitney Martin 2:47 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%