Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Title: Off the Record
Series: Record, #1
Author: K.A. Linde
Rating: 

Liz Dougherty has no idea a single question is about to change her life. 

 Her first big reporting assignment for her North Carolina college newspaper has her covering a state senator’s impromptu press conference. Brady Maxwell may have everything it takes to be a politician—a winning pedigree, devastating good looks, a body made to wear suits—but his politics rub Liz the wrong way. When Liz’s hard-hitting question catches the upstart senator off-guard, it impresses Hayden Lane, Liz’s editor who feels she’s headed for a promising career as a reporter.

 But Liz is also headed into a secret romance with Brady that could destroy both their ambitions. Though he’s a bachelor, potential voters might frown on Brady cozying up to a reporter. And Liz isn’t sure sneaking around is enough for her—especially when things between her and Hayden might be less platonic than she thought. 

 Sleek, sexy, and smart, Off the Record ventures into a high-stakes campaign and an even higher-stakes affair to answer the question: When politics and love collide, can there ever be a winner?


Off the Record begins when Liz goes to a press conference and actually gets to ask a question. She's currently working at her college's newspaper, and wants to be a reporter later on after she graduates. But she never knew that that one question would through a whole can of crazy into her life. Like Senator Brady Maxwell. Liz actually thought she hated him, that is until somehow they start having a secret affair that leads to a whole lot of mixed up feelings for Liz, especially when it comes to Hayden her boss... And Brady has said from the start that his career comes first. Now Liz is in the a wild ride through all of this crazy mess. 

 When I started this book I wasn't really sure what to think about it. I know that I had a hard time connecting to Liz because of her wishy-washy ways when it came to Brady and Hayden. But really in my opinion she knows exactly who she really has feelings for, and she's just using the other one. Which makes her a major biotch in my opinion. Then a lot of her jealousy crap got on my nerves to when she still had Hayden.. Hello, can we say hypocrite? 

 And then some of the things Brady did, and how he treated her at times was just so wrong in my opinion. And I also felt like they just have just been open about their relationship and made some sort of press conference or something about her previous articles, it probably would have saved them in the long run, and not put so much crap on Brady's campaign. But no they didn't do that. And again, I really didn't understand why. But the odd thing about this book was I was still interested in it, even if I did understand certain things, or was pissed off because the characters acted like moronic idiots, I was still captivated with the story. And the writing just helped keep me captivated as well. 

Then the cliffhanger ending, was just a cherry on top to my frustration. But you know what, it got me wanting to read the next book asap. So now I'm going to be reading the next asap! I really did like this one, and I thought it was pretty good despite certain things getting on my nerves.

by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%