Monday, July 14, 2014

Title: Checked
Series: Checked, #1
Author: Jennifer Jamelli
Rating: 


Checked is the first book in a new trilogy. 

 Callie spends countless hours staring at appliances to make sure they are really unplugged. She wastes obscene amounts of time checking for murderers in various corners of her house and entire sleepless nights performing pointless checking rituals. Then every spare minute is filled with inspecting doorknobs, chairs, floors, etc. for minuscule traces of germs. Oh, and she does all of this as she counts to three over and over again in her head. She does this every day. Without fail. Dr. Blake just doesn't fit into her schedule. Until he does. Until Callie begins to trust him. Until she starts to need him. And want him. And . .


Checked begins with Callie going to a new therapist to consider getting medication for her OCD. The problem is the therapist that was recommend has an emergency and won't be in the office, so Callie must see Dr. Blake... 

And Dr. Blake is very different than any man she's ever been around. For one, she knows she can see things in his eyes that most can't, like the sadness and torment he's going through. But she doesn't know why. She also knows that she can't see him, until he makes her an offer to help her get better with a twelve step program he creates. But things start to get complicated when feelings get involved... Callie isn't really sure of what's going to happen next, but she never expected what did happen to happen at all... 

 I'm in love with this story, and I have no idea why! Seriously, there is just something about Dr. Blake and Callie that pull me in. Both of them have things about them that annoy me to no end, but also that same thing intrigues me and has me absolutetly hooked on the book and these characters. I have to continue reading this book because I have no choice but to know what is going to happen to them. 

 Callie has a OCD. I don't actually know a lot about that disorder, but I know reading the things Callie has to do just to get ready to go to bed is tiresome just reading it.. I don't see how she can live with it, but she does. And she's trying to help get better so she live her life normally. I admired her a lot for doing this. She also makes a lot of jokes when it comes to her condition, and I also admired that too. I really loved Callie. She is a very strong character, even when she doesn't seem like it. 

 Then there is the mysterious Dr. Blake. He pulled me in from the minuet we are introduced to him in this story. He's that captivating, but he also creeped me out just a bit, but some how that turned into a good thing. I really felt bad for him by the end of the story, and I look forward to reading more about it in the next one. 

 The only two issues I really had with this book was:

 1) The end! Seriously? It just ended, nothing really was resolved or anything. Which I get to some extent because it will be continued in the next book, but I really hate the way it ended. 

 2) I also didn't like how fast Callie and Dr. Blake's relationship seemed to go from zero to sixty really fast. I felt like they didn't really know each other very well to start that sort of relationship, but then again it was nice to seem them like that. I just wish it hadn't happen so quickly. 

 Now I look forward to reading more in this series. And I highly recommend this book to all of you who love romance, and chic lit novels.

by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%