Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Title: Lock & Key
Author: Cat Porter
Rating: 





Love not only stings when you lose it, when it’s ripped away, but when it first sinks its teeth into you, it can cut just as raw and sting just as deep. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that. 
 I was allegedly South Dakota's most famous Old Lady. Fifteen years ago I had survived my Old Man’s murder and swore to myself never again. Never again surrender my heart. Never again sacrifice to the Club. But that all changed in one night. 

 I came home and crashed into him, and my past and present blew up in my face. Both of us lonely, running on empty, and unwilling to admit it. Until now. I feel things I'd forgotten about, want things I had cut out of my insides. 

 Who holds the keys to betrayal? To suspicion? To trust? To brotherhood? To family? To a bleeding heart? Right now, I just might. I suppose some of us have to get really dirty before we can become truly clean.

Lock & Key begins with Grace going back to the home she had fifteen years ago before her husband died. She's going to safe a whole lot of crap going back to the club life, and trying to help her sister survive her cancer. But things change a little when Grace randomly meets one of the clubs men before she actually knows his back round they end up together one night. After that these two have to face a whole lot of crap before they ever get the chance to actually be together.. They might even have to choose the club over each other.. 

 This book was okay. It started out really good, and interesting but then I just felt sort of frustrated with the decisions that the hero and heroine made. I really hated that, and I wasn't sure what else to think about it. Other than that I really did like the heroine and hero, however I also wish that we didn't see a lot of past events into the heroines life. It sort of made the romance between the current heroine and hero lack in some ways in my eyes. But I did like the story for the most part, and most of the characters except for a select few.

by Whitney Martin 8:25 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%