Wednesday, May 21, 2014


Title: Make Me
Series: Make or Break, #1
Author: Amanda Heath



“Make me, Channing. Make me fall. Push me, shove me, just make sure I get there.” I shout at him, taking a step back. His eyes clash with mine. I read the challenge there, making me take another step back. He stalks the few steps to me and grabs my arms slamming his forehead down on mine, “I’ll make you.” His lips skim against mine as he continues to speak, “And I’ll be falling right there with you.” 

 Paisley Vaughn grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. After finding her mother dead from an overdose, Paisley and her baby sister are shipped off to live with her maternal grandparents. She always knew they were rich, she just didn’t realize how rich they were. Now she’s being forced to go to a prestigious high school. One where the tuition is more money then she’s ever seen. 

 Thinking these rich kids are going to be snobbish and rude, she’s surprised to find the Vaughn name means she is untouchable. Well unless your name is Channing Southerland. 

Paisley has to navigate her new life and all the new people in it. While her mother might have lied about her grandparents, no one is lying about Channing. He’s beautiful, mean, arrogant, and turning her on. 

 Before long a war is fought, leaving Paisley wondering if she’ll be ruined or made. Though she might just fall irrevocably in love


-Rating-



Make Me begins when Paisley comes home to find her mother dead. She now thinks she's going to have to find a way to take care of herself, and her two year old sister more than she already had been. That is until her mother's mom shows up saying that she actually is really rich, and to come live with them. Now Paisley is known as the girl no one messes with because of her last name, and her father's last name. That is except for Channing. He doesn't care about her name, and she doesn't care about his either. They each have an instant dislike for each other, but really that dislike may be hiding a deeper emotion neither one of them are ready to admit. 

 This book was really good! The plot line, and the characters were very captivating, and exciting. 

 Things I LOVED:
 1) The way Paisley acts. She doesn't care about anyone's status, and she wasn't afraid to stand up to Channing. She also didn't go "goo goo" over him after they had a few steamy encounters. 

 2) The way Channing acts towards Paisley when they get together. He is totally an "alpha male" and it was so hot! 

 3)And the ending was good, I loved that cliffhanger! And I never love Cliffhangers. 


 The rest of the book I really liked, especially the whole plot. The only thing I can say I didn't like were the fact that once Channing and Paisley got together the book seemed to go really fast and give up on a lot of drama... Or well interesting drama.



by Whitney Martin 11:59 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%