Monday, May 5, 2014

Welcome everyone to 'Movie Monday'! This is just something I'm doing every week to show what I've been watching! If you want to participate leave a link to your own post in the comments,  and I will check out your Movie Monday!


Title: Pretty in Pink
Characters: Andie, Iona, Duckie, and Blane.
Cast: Molly Ringwald, Annie Pots, Jon Cryer, and Andrew McCarthy
Writer: John Hughes
Director: Howard Deutch
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Drama, Teen Movie, 1980's











Rating: 4 Shooting Stars


Teenager Andie is one of the not-so-popular girls in high school. She usually hangs out with her friends Iona or Duckie. Duckie has always had a crush on her, but now she has met a new guy at school, Blane. He's one of the rich and popular guys but can the two worlds meet?



Pretty in Pink is a very well known 1980's film written by John Hughes. It begins when Andie the not so popular girl in high school starts getting noticed by the popular Blane. She's never paid much attention to him before, but not he seems to be wanting her attention. Duckie her best friend has always had a crush on her, but he doesn't know what to do when Blane enters the picture. Now these high school kids go through a world of drama, and heartache to figure out what is actually best for them. 

 This movie is wonderful! I really really loved it. It's probably one of my favorite romance movies. Andie was the perfect character in my opinion, and Blane seriously needed a good kick in the pants. I have to say Duckie was my favorite, he was sweet, and funny! The perfect best friend to Andie. I did feel a little sorry for him at times though, but I still loved him.


by Whitney Martin 11:30 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I always wanted Duckie to get his HEA and was sorry he didn't. I have the soundtrack to this movie and still listen to it, too. I grin every time one of the songs shuffles up on my mp3 player. Have you seen The Breakfast Club? I <3 Judd Nelson in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those great 80's movies. Molly Ringwald was great as Andie and Steff was like the best jerk ever. I mean really, with the loafers and the white suit? He had some great lines though. Blane was kinda bland but a nice guy I guess- I was never really sure who Andie should have ended up with, Blane didn't always seem the right guy to me but who knows? Fun movie.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%