Saturday, April 19, 2014

Title: To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Series: To All the boys I've Loved Before #1
Author: Jenny Han
Rating: 

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

The book begins with us learning a little bit about Lara Jean and her life. She lives with her father and two sisters. She's the middle sister, and her older sister is fixing to go off to college in Scotland. Now Lara Jean has to step up and be like her sister, but she's not her sister. And after her personally letters get mailed to the five boys she's ever loved things start to get a little crazy. Especially after they start to confront her about them even though she wrote those letters years ago. Now Lara Jean has to figure out a way to save face with her sister's ex boyfriend who received one of the letters, and whose a big part of their family's lives. So she ends up coming up with a scheme to make him realize she doesn't like him like that any longer.. but after a while things start to change for her, especially when her feelings start to change. 

 This book was okay. I was really going to give it a two star, and say I didn't like it especially after the end, but after seeing there is a second one I realized that I did like the book. I liked the over all plot line, and the characters. I however didn't like the fact that in the beginning it was really slow to get to the whole point. Then I hated the end of the book. It was a major cliffhanger that was super frustrating. I also didn't like some of the things Peter did when it came to his ex girlfriend. So I'm not sure if I will read the next book or not, but this one was okay.
by Whitney Martin 1:54 PM 1 comment

1 comment :

  1. Hmm, I was hoping this one would be really good. I'm glad you liked it even if you won't continue with the series, Whitney. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%