Saturday, February 8, 2014

Title: Enslaved By The Ocean
Series:
Author: Bella Jewel
Rating: 4 Stars

Indigo is running, she has no other choice. She's done something bad, and the only way to escape it, is to flee her home, and her country. She sets out on a luxury Yacht, to take her to another country with her best friend Eric. But she runs into a problem. 

 The Yacht catches fire. 

 She ends up stranded in the ocean, terrified, and scared of the uncertain. 
Until they show up. The pirates. 

Terrified, Indigo and Eric have to face the reality that this might be the end for them. These are pirates, they are the criminals of the ocean. What chance have they got of surviving this nightmare? 

 Then she lays eyes on Hendrix. He's the Captain, he's gorgeous, rugged, and mean. He's planning on keeping her to repay his debt to another man, by selling her. Now Indigo has a crazy ex after her, as well as a pirate she can't seem to get out of her head. 

 Come on this heart wrenching, dark, angsty and dangerous adventure as two people so opposite, find something so beautiful.

Enslaved by the Ocean begins when Indigo decides to run from her ex-boyfriend who just got out of jail. See the thing is he was an abusive bastard who hurt her repeatedly until she finally took matters into her own hands and he got caught. Now she's scared he's after her for revenge so she and her best friend Eric decide to end to England on a boat ride. But what they didn't expect was to get captured by honest to God pirates. Seriously! That's what happens, and now Indi might have to be sold, and they both have to do what they have to in order to stay a live. But Indi and the Captain seem to have a strange connection to each other, and things start to progress for them.. 

 I really liked this book. I thought it was very good, and the writing was awesome. The only two things I didn't really like, ok well three things I didn't like were these: 

 1) Eric.. Seriously I felt like he was a terrible friend to Indi. And towards the end when he just "stands there" seriously. I just don't get him at all.

 2) I liked Indi but then I felt like she acted weak at times. Seriously I thought she was really awesome and hard core one minuet then the next she was kind of weak.. So I don't know she confused me a little bit at times with her personality.

 3) I didn't like how once Indi and Hendrick got together they were like instantly in love. That kinda frustrated me greatly.

 But other than these three things this book rocked, and even though the ending was pretty much a cliffhanger it didn't really bother me. I'm looking forward to the next one now like a whole lot!


by Whitney Martin 6:33 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%