Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Title: Under Locke
Author: Mariana Zapata
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

He was my boss, my brother’s friend, a Widow, an ex-felon, and a man I’d seen casually with a handful of women. But he was everything that gripped me, both the good and the bad. Worst case scenario if things turned awkward between us, I could go somewhere else. I’d gotten over epic heartbreak before, one more wouldn’t kill me. 

 After moving to Austin following six months of unemployment back home, Iris Taylor knows she should be glad to have landed a job so quickly... even if the business is owned by a member of the same motorcycle club her estranged father used to belong to. Except Dex Locke might just be the biggest jerk she’s ever met. He’s rude, impatient and doesn’t know how to tell time. 

 And the last thing they ever expected was each other. 

 But it was either the strip club or the tattoo shop.

 … she should have chosen the strip club. 

 “Babe, I’ve handpicked everythin’ and everyone in here. I know what I want and I get what I want,” he breathed. “And I keep what’s mine.”

Under Locke


Under Locke begins when Iris moves in with her brother and now trying to find a job. She gets the chance when a friend of her brother's who's in an MC gives her a chance at his tattoo parlour. Iris is a very sweet type of person who lets most things roll off her shoulder. But when she meets her new boss who is seriously hot, but also a jerk she knows that she can't work with him. Especially after he does something mean to her that she can't seem to forget or forgive. These two take a slow journey from disliking each other, to actual friendship when Iris runs into some trouble and needs Dex's help. Then from there they turn the slow build to something more. It was a very beautiful process, even though I felt Iris went a little overboard on some things. 

 I think the best part about the book was the slow build relationship. And even once they got together they still did goofy things around each other that made the romance even more sweet. I really did like the book. It probably would have been a lot better if Iris wasn't so annoying at times. I liked her a lot but then she pissed me off a few times by just how she acted. I also really liked Dec and the rest of the people Iris hung out with. This book was a beautiful romance, with a tough biker, a biker family and more drama.


by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%