Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Title: Sugar Daddy
Series: Travis Family, #1
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Lisa Kleypas has enthralled millions of readers with her powerfully seductive novels. Now she delivers a story featuring her most unforgettable characters yet.... 

 SHE’S FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS

 Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas---if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty Jones is a complication he doesn’t need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them. 

HE’S THE ONE MAN SHE CAN’T HAVE 

When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty finds herself under the spell of a billionaire tycoon---a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family’s past. 

 WILL THEY FIND THEIR HEARTS’ DESIRES OR WILL HEARTBREAK TEAR THEM APART? Two men. One woman. A choice that can make her or break her. A woman you’ll root for every step of the way. A love story you’ll never forget.

Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1)


Sugar Daddy begins when Liberty is fourteen. She and her mother, and her mother's new boyfriend move to a new town called Welcome, into the local trailer park. While Liberty was on her way to drop of the rent check she runs into the boy who lives in the trailer park with her. He and his family tend to come around be sort of friends with Liberty. But Liberty only has eyes for the older boy Hardy. She's smitten. And when she gets a little bit older and life starts throwing her curve balls she wants to get with Hardy. But Hardy is very ambitious and wants out of this town. So he tells Liberty he has to stay away from her because he can't get tied down. So Liberty does her best to get on with life without him. And when her momma has a baby, Liberty lights up when it comes to her new sister. But things start going bad for her momma. And soon Liberty must take responsibility for the little one. 

 When I first started reading this book I started getting bored with it about ten to fifteen percent. I couldn't stand Hardy and that was one of the reasons why I was frustrated with the book. But I pushed passed it and kept reading, and I can not said I'm upset that I did. I'm overly glad that I did. This book turned out to be really really good! I really loved Liberty's character. And it was even cool to see her grow through her teenage years to become a very awesome woman! Not only that but we get to see her find someone else in life as well, and a whole new family.. I won't say much more because I don't want to give it away. But I really recommend this book. I didn't have a whole lot of hope for it when I started it but by the end I loved it! The only thing I didn't like about the book was the slow start in my opinion. And Hardy. I did not like Hardy like at all. He made me so mad in the book! But now I look forward to more in this series!




by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%