Friday, January 31, 2014

Title: Shelter You
Author: Alice Montalvo-Tribue
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

She's mine. 

 That was the first thought that came to my mind when I held my baby in my arms at seventeen. I didn't care that my parents had already promised to give her to a wealthy family. That they were forcing me to give her away. 

 She was mine.

 I ran away from that hospital, from that family, from the only life I knew. I planned to start over with what little money I had, determined to make something of myself despite the odds. 

 Then Logan Tate came along. 

 Gorgeous and controlling, he claimed he was trying to help me, and he didn't care that I was just another teenage pregnancy story. But I don’t trust him. I don't trust anyone. And if Logan knew the real secrets and lies I was keeping inside, he wouldn't dare try to shelter me.
Shelter You


Shelter You begins when Mia decides to take her baby from the hospital and run. She's almost eighteen but her parents are trying to force her to give up her baby for adoption. But Mia just can't do that. So she decides to run far away and hide until she's old enough to get a say in the matter. She never realized how hard it would be until she finally finds the place to stay. There she ends up meeting a police office who she's instantly attracted to but she knows nothing can ever come of it for numerous reasons. Logan, the cop, decides to help Mia out by finding her a job, and even a place to stay after something happens to her apartment. But these two have a whole lot get through in order for there to be more than friendship. Mia is holding so much back including her real name.. And Logan wants her for who she is, and her baby as well.. 

 This was a beautiful sad story about a very young woman who decides to take her own life in her hands after basically being hurt by the people she trusted the most. She doesn't trust anyone now, and it makes things difficult for her. But she wants to keep her baby safe and happy. Then in comes Logan who also has a few demons he's battling but he wants Mia and Lily for himself now. He helps Mia learn what it means to have a real family, and love between people. This story was beautiful and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was very very good, and very well written. I loved the plot line, and all of the characters as well!



by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%