Monday, January 20, 2014

Title: Another One Bites The Dust
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Her 
I wanted him, but couldn’t find the courage to have him. You know that feeling, the one where you’re too scared to go to sleep, too scared to go out, and too scared to do anything? Ever since my assault, I’ve been functioning, but not living. That was until I met that motorcycle riding man with such a deep gravelly voice that it sent shivers down my spine. He helped me through some of the darkest moments of my life. 

Him

 She was a cock tease pure and simple. Or so I thought. What I believed to be a game on her part, turned out to be a bone deep fear of everyday life. We helped each other cope, and slowly our friendship turned into something more. 

Them 

Circumstances broke the two of us apart just as we decided we wanted to be together. A vengeful woman sets out to ruin Max and anything he holds dear in his life. Payton has gone through so much in her life that enduring one more thing just might break her. Only Max taught Payton a few things. Never hold back. Never hesitate. Do something stupid, and always learn from your mistakes. Together, they can overcome anything.

Goodreads|Amazon


The book begins with us getting to see Max and Payton circle around each other. Max wants her. And she wants him. The problem is Payton is afraid. So it takes a little bit for her to warm up to Max but she does finally. Then they go through a whirlwind of craziness. 

 I really did like the book. I thought it was good. But I almost felt like I missed a whole lot of Max and Payton actually getting to know each other and fall in love. So I wish that had been drawn out a little more. Then there was the fact that so many different things happened I sometimes didn't know if this book was more contemporary, military, or suspenseful. It was a little overwhelming with all of that. But I really enjoyed the second half a lot more than the first. It felt like the pace picked up more, and there was just more interesting things going on. But I do recommend this book. The writhing was awesome, and the over all plot was interesting. Then all of the characters were a hoot. And it also made me laugh so it was very pleasing.


by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%