Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Title: What's Left Of Me
Author: Amanda Maxlyn
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Life works in mysterious ways. 

 Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer. 

 I refuse to cry. 

 And I refuse to give in. 

 A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me. 

 He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile. 

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him. 

 What if it changes everything?

 Tragedy found me when I was seventeen. 

 Love found me when I was twenty-one. 

 My name is Aundrea McCall, and this is my journey.

What's Left of Me begins with us learning about Aundrea, and how she's been fighting cancer for the last four years of her life. She has to have a new treatment but in order to get it she must move to another town and live with her sister, and brother-in-law. After recently moving into town and about to start the new treatment, Aundrea decides to go out to a bar with her best friend Jean. While there she runs into the most gorgeous man she has ever seen. They end up having a one night stand... But when this man shows up at her sister's house for dinner, Aundrea learns that he's the new partner working with her brother-in-law. Now things get a little crazy because she doesn't want Parker to know she has cancer, and she feels she can't continue to have a relationship with him. But Parker has other ideas, and he can be very persuasive! This book is about the heartache one suffers with cancer, and about a beautiful romance!

 I'm not sure I can really put into words what this book has made me feel. I know I cried a lot during the book. But I cried (the ugly cry) at the end. I was a little confused at first about the ending. I wasn't sure which part was real or not, but I'm hoping that I now understand it because if not that would have been just horrible! So I must say this book was very very very very good! And yes, very does need to be stated that many times. That is just how good the book was. There is only one complaint I have about the book, and that is how Aundrea sometimes treated Parker. I understood her wanting to keep things from him, but I hated that she kept denying her feelings for him. That really bugged me. But other than that everything else was perfect! I highly recommend this book, it was beautifully written with a very sad story, but also a very happy story as well!


by Whitney Martin 3:49 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%