Sunday, December 1, 2013

Title: Touch Of Frost
Series: Mythos Academy, #1
Author: Jennifer Estep
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars


My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy; a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest. But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why; especially since I should have been the one who died...


Touch Of Frost beings with Gwen going to Mythos Academy. We learn that her mom passed away six months ago and now she stuck going to this new school because she has magical gifts. Gwen is angry about her mom, and she pretty much avoids all interaction with the people at this school until the most popular girl is murdered. Gwen knows something is off about it so now she's going to do everything she can to figure out who kills her and why. And she might even make a few friends along the way. 

 I really enjoyed this book. It was a lot better than what I was expecting. I loved Gwen, but I also felt so bad for her. Then I really liked all of the side characters as well. Well the jury is still out on Logan, right now I think he a major jerk especially to Gwen. So I hope he gets better next book. But I did like him in the beginning of this one. I also love how all kind of mythology is woven in this story, it was very unique when it came to that. And I look forward to the next book!


by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%