Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Title: Torn From You
Series: Tear Asunder, #1
Author: Nashoda Rose
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy. 

 At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn't doing bossy, and I like sweet. 

 Then it all shattered. 

 Kidnapped. 
 Starved. 
 Beaten. 
 I was alone and fighting to survive. 
 When I heard Sculpt's voice, I thought he was there to save me. 
 I was wrong. 

 (It is recommended to read "With You" the novella first, however not necessary).

 *Warning: This book contains some disturbing situations, strong language and sexual content. Over 18 years. This is a love story with some dark elements. Dark contemporary romance. No cliffhanger and next in the Tear Asunder series is Ream's story (the band's lead guitarist). 100,000 words

Received from NetGalley for an honest review! 

 Torn From You begins with us getting to see a little bit about Sculpt/Logan's relationship with Emily. We see these two starting a beautiful relationship. And it's something that could actually last the long haul. But there are a few problems these two must go through first. And they aren't normally problems. Nope not at all. Emily gets kidnapped. 

The whole first thirty to forty percent of the book is about her being kidnapped. It was not something fun or exciting to read. It was heartbreaking, and frightening. Then we get to see more of this book, and more of Emily and Logan.

 I don't want to say too much because it will ruin the story. But wow! It was really crazy what happened in this book. Sometimes I hated Logan, and then sometimes I understood a lot of the things he was doing. I loved how the book was written, and the characters are wonderful. It wasn't just the heroine and hero who have a story, and the next book's story is set up in this one as well. I loved getting to see how Logan and Emily came back together. It was really something that was beautiful, but also kind of hard to read/watch. So I have to say over all the book was very good. It is not for the faint of heart, so if you want just a beautiful romance with out anything dark then I do not recommend this one. But other wise this book is really awesome!


by Whitney Martin 4:43 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%