Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Title: The Turning
Series: Blood Ties, #1
Author: Jennifer Armintrout
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

I'm no coward. I want to make that perfectly clear. But after my life turned into a horror movie, I take fear a lot more seriously now. I finally became Dr. Carrie Ames just eight months ago. Then I was attacked in the hospital morgue by a vampire. Just my luck.

 So now "I'm" a vampire, and it turns out I have a blood tie to the monster who sired me. The tie works like an invisible leash and I'm bound to him no matter what I do. And of course he's one of the most evil vampires on earth. With my sire hell-bent on turning me into a soulless killer and his sworn enemy set to exterminate me, things couldn't get much worse -- except I'm attracted to them both. 

 Drinking blood, living as an immortal demon and being a pawn between two warring vampire factions isn't exactly how I'd imagined my future. But as my father used to say, the only way to conquer fear is to face it. So that's what I'll do. Fangs bared.

The Turning begins when Dr. Carrie Ames gets attacked by a vampire at the hospital she works at. The vampire didn't mean to sire her, but it couldn't have been helped. Now she realizes this man is seriously evil. And not only that if she doesn't join the "club" to take care of all "bad" vampires she will be hunted herself. So now she has this tie to an evil vampire and she actually has feelings for him. But she also has feelings for Nathan. The vampire who is "helping' her. 

 This book was okay. I was sort of frustrated with it. I really didn't feel any connection to any of the characters. But on top of that I really hated the fact that Carrie doesn't even know how she really feels about either man she's been with. But then in the end she admits her feelings, and the one she "picked" pretty much throws it in her face... So yeah I'm not really happy with the book. And I'm not sure I will be reading the next one. There was just a lot about this book that frustrated me. But I did think the over all story line was interesting.


by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%