Sunday, December 8, 2013

Title: Taunting Destiny
Series: The Fae Chronicles, #2
Author: Amelia Hutchins
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

I thought things were bad and weird before – hold on – it’s getting worse. 

 Adam and I are both going through identity crises of epic proportions as we Transition from who we were, and discover who we were meant to be. More Fae are dying, and I feel as if time is running out for us to find all of those responsible and put an end to the killings. 

The people I thought I could trust have betrayed me and the one person I should absolutely not trust; is taking me deeper and deeper into his world. 

 Ryder’s secrets are dangerous and devastating. 

 With each touch and word, he pulls my heart closer to himself and at the same time he is trying to keep me at arm’s length. The dance he and I have begun, is getting more complicated as our worlds are being shaken from all sides, and the visions of the future are frightening, and nothing like I had ever pictured for myself or those I care for. 

 This time, destiny is taunting me. I had always thought that I controlled my destiny. Now, my rights are being taken from me by powerful people and leaving me with alternatives that range between bad and awful. 

 This time, the choices I have to make can decide the fate of both worlds. Everything is unraveling, and nothing will ever be the same again.


Taunting Destiny begins right where the first book left off. It's almost like you never stopped reading before starting this one. And wow this one takes on a long emotional roller coaster ride! First, Syn and Ryder have to figure out whose trying to kill her and why.. And when they think they've figured it out. It means really bad things for Syn. She and Ryder have gotten a lot closer in this book and we can clearly see how much they love each other even if they aren't saying it. But when Fairy is in jeopardy they both have to give up each other for the greater good. Or so they think. 

 I thought this one was so much better than the first one. Even though the whole Syn and Adam thing had me frustrated, I still really liked this book. However, I can not believe how it ended. Seriously it just left us hanging, and now we must wait for the next book to come out! Grrr! I loved how we got to learn a little bit more about Ryder. And we got to see more of him and Syn getting closer together. Not only that but we get to see other side characters as well, and even a few characters from the first one that I never thought we would see again. And I can not believe in the end that business with the Horde King... If the Horde King turns out to be who I think it is, I'm not sure I'm going to like him very much after all of the things he's suppose to have done to woman.... This one was very very good, and now I can not wait to read the next book.


by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%