Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hey everyone! I just wanted to wish every one a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

And I have a Christmas story to tell you that happened to me a long time ago... So check it out! :)
When I was fifteen I got a job working at the local grocery store bagging groceries. I was so excited that year because I would have my OWN money to buy my family and friends gifts for Christmas.

 So one evening while at work as I was taking a gentleman's bags out for him. I asked him, "Are you ready for Christmas?" 

 His reply was, "oh no, there's just too much to do to get ready." He stated this with a long sign and shake of his head. He seemed to act like Christmas was a major burden because of all the things people end up doing to get ready for Christmas. I simply told him That I was super excited to be the one getting to get everyone gifts! 

 He didn't really say anything after that and I just assumed I probably wouldn't see him again. Well I was wrong, a few days later right before Christmas he came back to the store as I was working and handed me a card. He said, "I know your not suppose to accept gifts, but Please please take this and wait till later to read it." I just sort of looked at him quizzically for a moment before nodding my head. He then turned and walked away never to be seen again. 

 Later on that evening I opened up the envelope to reveal a Christmas card, and inside was a one hundred dollar bill, and a note saying that, He wanted me to use the money to buy Christmas presents because I reminded him what Christmas was truly about. And that he was very grateful to me! I just couldn't believe this perfect strange did something like that, when I only told him how I was excited about a holiday. 

This is something that I will never ever forget. And it makes me smile every time I think about it. I do hope that everyone out that really knows what the meaning of Christmas is. And I also hope they everyone gets to experience something special like this in life as well. I do hope that where ever that man is, that he's having a wonderful Christmas!
by Whitney Martin 4:40 PM 6 comments

6 comments :

  1. Awesome Blog & Merry Christmas! :-)
    New follower on GFC & Twitter
    You can follow me below

    Kismet Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! :) Merry Christmas

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful story!! Not only did you bless him that Christmas, but he blessed you back and now that's a story that you will both remember forever. Sometimes you never know what's going to affect someone - you telling him about your excitement about buying your own gifts was such a small thing, but it obviously really meant something to him. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas again this year!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree with you! It was just amazing to see something so small to me affect him so greatly. Thank you for stopping by! Have a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. I love these kinds of stories. :) Have a great Christmas!

    ~Pam @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And have a great Christmas as well

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%