Thursday, December 19, 2013

Title: Holding Out
Series: Haws Motorcycle Club, #1
Author: Lila Rose
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Zara Edgingway is a twenty-six-year-old secretary. She has a daughter that apparently knows-it-all and a best friend that could possibly have the mouth of Satan, but she's been with her through hell and back. Then there's the hunk'a'licious biker neighbour finally showing interest in her. If only she isn't about to face her next obstacle in life, the one she ran from six years ago: her ex husband. 

 Talon Marcus is the president of the Hawks Motorcycle Club. For two years he's had his eye on the quiet, reclusive, yet sassy, neighbour Zara. Finally, he has the chance to claim her as his woman. Just when her past catches up with her, she'll need, not only his protection, but the help from his biker brothers. 

Now, if only she'd stop fighting him along the way.

Holding Out begins with Zara's daughter staying over night at school for a big sleep over. Now that she has an evening for herself she plans to spend it at home with her best friend Deanna. The problem is Talon, the Hawks MC president decides its his time to finally make his move to get Zara in his bed. But things take a drastic turn when Zara's brother shows up and lets her know some things about her ex... Now Zara is determined to keep the people she loves safe. But so his Talon! 

 These two were awesome together. I loved the plot line of the story. And the writing was wonderful as well. I love how there are other bikers we learn a few things about.. Knowing that they could also get a story later on in the series was a plus. Not only that but pretty much all of the characters were awesome. 

Now the things I didn't really like. I sometimes felt the dialogue was a little bit "too much" and forced at times. But then other times I thought it was hilarious!! I laughed so hard I cried. So I liked this, but it would have been better if it wasn't so over the top. Then the other thing I didn't really like was it felt like Zara, and Talon really know nothing about each other but they get together. I mean at first I got it.. But then I wasn't so sure about it! 

 Then the ending was awesome! So now I'm super excited to read the next book. I can not WAIT for it to come out!


by Whitney Martin 11:23 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%