Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Title: Web Of Lies
Series: Elemental Assassin, #2
Author: Jennifer Estep
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Curiosity is definitely going to get me dead one of these days. Probably real soon. 

I'm Gin Blanco. 

 You might know me as the Spider, the most feared assassin in the South. I’m retired now, but trouble still has a way of finding me. Like the other day when two punks tried to rob my popular barbecue joint, the Pork Pit. Then there was the barrage of gunfire on the restaurant. Only, for once, those kill shots weren’t aimed at me. They were meant for Violet Fox. Ever since I agreed to help Violet and her grandfather protect their property from an evil coalmining tycoon, I’m beginning to wonder if I’m really retired. So is Detective Donovan Caine. The only honest cop in Ashland is having a real hard time reconciling his attraction to me with his Boy Scout mentality. And I can barely keep my hands off his sexy body. What can I say? I’m a Stone elemental with a little Ice magic thrown in, but my heart isn’t made of solid rock. Luckily, Gin Blanco always gets her man . . . dead or alive.



Web of Lies begins when Gin's restaurant gets robbed. Well some fire elemental attempts to rob it. He never expected someone like Gin to be the owner. So when she takes him down, and figures out who his father is she knows she's in for a whole lot of trouble. but she's not going to back down from pressing charges against him. However that is the only thing Gin has to worry about. Especially when a young woman comes in asking for the "tin man" her old handler's assassin name, and then her place gets shot up by someone trying to kill this young woman. Now Gin is out to help her and learns a whole lot more about the man she knew as her handle. 

 This book was good. The first half of it was kind of frustrating though. I felt like the book was almost repeating the first book all over again. But then as I got more into it the book got a whole lot better. We learn more about Gin's handler. Her powers, and her real family. I don't want to say too much so you just need to read it to figure out what the heck is going on. I will say however that I'm not sure I really like Donovan Cain anymore. I think he treats Gin pretty badly. And then in the end what he does was pretty crappy, and I really felt sorry for Gin. However I still kind of hope she ends up with him, but then again maybe that's not a good idea. Oh well now I can't wait to read more and find out.


by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%