Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Title: Venom
Series: Elemental Assassin, #3
Author: Jennifer Estep
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars


It’s hard to be a badass assassin when a giant is beating the crap out of you. Luckily, I never let pride get in the way of my work. My current mission is personal: annihilate Mab Monroe, the Fire elemental who murdered my family. Which means protecting my identity, even if I have to conceal my powerful Stone and Ice magic when I need it most.

 To the public, I’m Gin Blanco, owner of Ashland’s best barbecue joint. To my friends, I’m the Spider, retired assassin. I still do favors on the side. Like ridding a vampire friend of her oversized stalker—Mab’s right-hand goon who almost got me dead with his massive fists. 

 At least irresistible Owen Grayson is on my side. The man knows too much about me, but I’ll take my chances. Then there’s Detective Bria Coolidge, one of Ashland’s finest. Until recently, I thought my baby sister was dead. She probably thinks the same about me. Little does she know, I’m a cold-blooded killer . . . who is about to save her life



The third book in the Elemental Assassin series begins when Gin gets caught by Mab and her minions when she least expects it. So she has to literally let herself get hurt in order to throw them off her tail. It works, but not with out first really hurting Gin. And when the cops show up she never expected to find her sister Bria to be the one there to help her. Now she's got Mab, and her goons to worry about and her sister's appearance. Then when Gin sets out to help a friend get rid a problem, more and more problems seem to be dropping into her lap. 

 This series just gets better and better with each book. However I was a little disappointed with all of Gin's mess ups in this one. But she more than made up for it in the end with a huge bang. Literally and figuratively! And I seriously am starting to like Owen a lot. He is a lot better than Donovan was to Gin, but I still sort of worry about him at times. Now I can not wait to see what Gin's next move will be!


by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%