Thursday, November 21, 2013

Title: Spider's Revenge
Series: Elemental Assassin, #5
Author: Jennifer Estep
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars


Old habits die hard. And I plan on mur­der­ing some­one before the night is through. 

Killing used to be my reg­u­lar gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spi­der, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly mat­ters: Mab Mon­roe, the dan­ger­ous Fire ele­men­tal who mur­dered my fam­ily when I was thir­teen. 

 Oh, I don’t think the mis­sion will be easy, but turns out it’s a bit more prob­lem­atic than expected. The bitch knows I’m com­ing for her. So now I’m up against the army of lethal bounty hunters she hired to track me down. She also put a price on my baby sister’s head. Keep­ing Bria safe is my first pri­or­ity. Tak­ing Mab out is a close sec­ond. 

 Good thing I’ve got my pow­er­ful Stone and Ice magic — and my irre­sistible lover Owen Grayson — to watch my back. This bat­tle has been years in the mak­ing, and there’s a chance I won’t sur­vive. But if I’m going down, then Mab’s com­ing with me...no mat­ter what I have to do to make that happen.



Spider's Revenge begins with the "Spider" finally taking her chance to kill Mab the fire elemental. The problem is that luck the pesky witch isn't on Gin's side this time, and her attempt on Mab's life is just that an attempt. So now she has to haul butt to get the heck out of dodge. While she screwed up this time she's determined to make it count the next chance she gets, and what would you know that happens soon. Now with Gin doing everything in her power to kill Mab, she has to worry about her friends and family's safety as well. No only that but she still doesn't know how to tell Owen that she loves him. And she really wants to do that before she gets dead...

 Wow, I couldn't believe that Gin actually messed up when it came to killing Mab in the beginning. Jeez that just sucked. But it was really awesome to see Gin's determination to continue on even though she messed up. But not only that her friends and family step up to help her, and that was just as awesome to see. I love all of the side characters in this book. Especially Bria and Finn now that they might be getting together. They are perfect for each other. I was a little disappointed that we don't get to see more of Owen, and Gin together. But I still loved them as a couple. And now with the way this one ended I can't wait to read the next one. So obviously I really liked this one!! It was just as good as all the others have been so far!


by Whitney Martin 5:10 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%