Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Title: Spider's Bite
Series: Elemental Assassin, #1
Author: Jennifer Estep
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars


“My name is Gin, and I kill people.” 

 My name is Gin Blanco. They call me the Spider—the most feared assassin in the South (and a part-time cook at the Pork Pit BBQ joint.) As a Stone elemental, I can hear the whispers of the gravel beneath my feet and feel the vibrations of the soaring mountains above me, though I don’t use my powers on the job unless I absolutely have to. Call it professional pride. 

 After a ruthless Air elemental double-crossed me and killed my handler, I’m out for revenge. And I’ll exterminate anyone who gets in my way. I may look hot in a miniskirt, but I’m still one of the bad guys. Which is why I’m in trouble when irresistibly rugged Detective Donovan Caine agrees to help. The last thing a coldhearted killer needs when she’s battling a magic more powerful than her own is a sexy distraction... especially when he wants her dead just as much as the enemy.


Spider's Bite begins with us getting to see first hand what kind of an assassin the "spider" is. But when offered another job, and it all goes wrong she's out for blood because they killed her handler. And one of the only people left alive that she cares about. But in order to figure out what went wrong, and what to do next she must team up with a local detective who hates her guts for killer his partner. But these two decide to work for "the greater good" to figure out what has caused all of this drama to unfold. However, they didn't anticipate having to fight off the attraction between them either. But Gin is good at what she does that's why she's able to turn off her emotions, and try to move forward with everything even when it gets hard.

 I really loved this book. It was an awesome way to start this series. Now I'm totally hooked, I'm dying to figure out what happens next. Not only that though I also loved Gin. She's the perfect kick butt female character, and I loved her. Then she's of course got her side kicks who added a little flare to the book. Then the hunky detective who hates her. I really liked him for the most part, even though we don't really learn a lot about him I do hope to see more of him in the next book!


by Whitney Martin 2:54 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%