Sunday, November 24, 2013

Title: Nightmares Of Caitlyn Lockyer
Series: Nightmares, #1
Author: Demelza Carlton
Rating: 2 Shooting Stars


There are real monsters out there. The worst part is that they're human.

They took her away from me. 
 I mumbled a protest through the haze of pain and exhaustion that had turned me into little more than a zombie. I'll never be able to watch a zombie movie again without remembering this night, I thought. "It's all right - we have to move her to take care of her. She's hurt worse than you," I was told. "We need to treat you, too. There's a gunshot wound in your shoulder."
 One of the hospital staff looked grim and came over. She started firing questions at me. 
"Name?"
 "Nathan Miller."
 "What happened?" 
"I was shot." 
"By whom?"
 "A homicidal lunatic with a gun and bad aim." 
 "Her name?" 
"Caitlin Lockyer." 
"What happened to her?" 
"Looks like someone tried to kill her."

 Nathan found Caitlin on a beach covered in blood. Saving her life was just the start. Now he's the prime suspect and he has to find out who's really responsible. Both of their lives depend on it. 

Who hurt her? 
 Why was he shot? 
 What did he promise? 
 Why doesn't his story add up?
 Who was the dead man on the beach? 
 What will she remember when she wakes up? 

A tiny taste of what's in store:

"Stay away from her, Nathan. That girl isn't good for you." 
Stay away from her? I'd go crazy with worry in a day. "You don't know her." 
Chris looked grim. "Neither do you. Is there anything you wouldn't do for her?" "Yes," I snapped. "I wouldn't die for her." Chris turned around to stare at me, her mouth hanging open. "Do you want to know why?" I asked steadily. "I wouldn't die for her because I wouldn't be able to protect her any more. What if I missed one of the people who hurt her? I couldn't take that risk. She's too important."

 Nightmares Trilogy 

 Dark, disturbing and definitely scary - Nightmares of Caitlin Lockyer is the first book in Demelza Carlton's Nightmares Trilogy. The second book is Necessary Evil of Nathan Miller.



Received the book from the Author in exchange for an honest review. 

 Nightmares of Caitlin Lockyer begins when Nathan finds Caitlin and brings her to the hospital. He knows that she was raped, and brutally tortured for the last three weeks, and now he's determined to get close to her and find the people who've done this to her. Because well that's his job... But Caitlin is having a horrible time trying to remember what happened to her. Most of it only comes back in her nightmares, and she can't even feed herself let alone right down what she's dreaming about. So Nathan comes in to help her. He promises to protect her even though he's a stranger. 

 This book has a lot of mystery to it. And maybe a touch of romance. But I just didn't like it. I felt a curious confusion in the beginning, but then that confusion just sort of stayed with me through out the whole book. I understood the gist of the whole book but the rest of it just left me frustrated, and trying to figure out what was going on. Especially in the end, it wasn't really a cliffhanger, but it still left me with a whole lot of confusion. And I also didn't like the fact that Caitlin was this meek, weak, damaged woman who needed help at the start, but then by the end of the book she was able to kill people. Seriously I thought that was like changing her personality completely. So I have to say I liked the idea of the book, but it just left me frustrated, and confused through out most of it.


Demelza Carlton has always loved the ocean, but on her first snorkelling trip she found she was afraid of fish. 

 She has since swum with sea lions, sharks and sea cucumbers and stood on spray drenched cliffs over a seething sea as a seven-metre cyclonic swell surged in, shattering a shipwreck below. 

 Sensationalist spin? Hardly. She takes a camera with her to photograph such things to share later. She asserts that sharks are camera shy. 

 Demelza now lives in Perth, Western Australia, the shark attack capital of the world. 

 The Ocean’s Gift series was her first foray into fiction, followed by her Nightmares trilogy.



by Whitney Martin 12:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%