Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Title: Jagged
Series: Colorado Mountain, #5
Author: Kristen Ashley
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars


An old flame rekindled . . . 

 Zara Cinders always knew Ham Reece was the one, but he wasn't interested in settling down. When she found someone who was, Ham walked out of her life. Three years later, Zara's lost her business, her marriage, and she's barely getting by in a tiny apartment on the wrong side of the tracks. As soon as Ham hears about Zara's plight, he's on her doorstep offering her a lifeline. Now, it will take every ounce of will power she possesses to resist all that he offers. 

 Ham was always a traveling man, never one to settle down in one town, with one woman, for more time than absolutely necessary. But Ham's faced his own demons, and he's learned a lot. About himself, and about the life he knows he's meant to live. So when he hears that Zara's having a rough time, he wants to be the one to help. In fact, he wants to do more than that for Zara. A lot more. But first, he must prove to Zara that he's a changed man.


Jagged begins with Zara telling "Ham" that she can't see him any more. They've been having a relationship for a while now, but it was one of those don't ask don't tell type of things. But Zara knows she's in love with him, and that he's never going to give her more. So she decides to try to move on with someone else. 

However, three years later. Everything has changed. Zara just divorced a man, now she calls Ham to make sure he's okay after hearing some disturbing news, but things seem to go bad after that.

 Ham, he's led his life the way he has to keep from being hurt by a woman. What he didn't realize was how much he screwed up by letting Zara go, and walking away from her. Now after some things happened to him, he's decided to set up home in her town. Because he wants her back, now and forever he wants her. But with all of the things going on in Zara's life not to mention all the drama that is going to come from her family things get hard while they are trying to figure out their relationship. 

 Wow, okay I liked the book. I will start off with that, I did like it. But I just couldn't connect with the characters, mainly "Ham." I really couldn't stand him at all. I thought he was a selfish, womanizing jerk. There was just something about him that rubbed me the wrong way. And that is horrible considering when I read about him in The Burg series I actually liked him. Now I felt like he was a major disappointment. He said so many hurtful things to Zara, and I felt like he never really redeemed himself for it. Some of those things he said cut even me deeply, and I'm not even a part of it. But I admired how strong Zara was. She let everything go once she had it out. I loved that about her. And the fact that she could deal with Ham leaving so much, and still love him. 

   Also the book didn't seem to have a major drama point. I mean like yeah it had drama, but no one got kidnapped, shot at, stabbed, or buried alive so I was sort of disappointed. Especially with this series, someone always seems to get hurt. This kills me to have such a mediocre response to a KA book. I mean seriously, I feel like I've let my favorite author down some how. But I just couldn't bring myself to more than just like the book. The writing was as good as any other KA book, and of course it was awesome to see more of Nina, and Max. And I'm super excited to read more in this series as well.




by Whitney Martin 1:00 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%