Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Title: Mirror Deep
Author: Joss Landry
Rating: 2 Shooting Stars


DANGER AND ROMANCE... 

 ...Roll like thunder in Kat Bonner’s world, when a known felon comes to the ranch to drop a bomb about her past. Kat turns to Pierce for help, the same Pierce who bucks her every chance he gets … and whose feverish investigation lands them in trouble with the law and directly in the path of a serial killer. 

 Mystery deepens, fraught with wrong turns, bumbling detectives, old murders, and Kat’s doppelganger no one ever sees but her, just as she never sees the change in Pierce’s feelings toward her brewing, mounting, until she can no longer deny them.


Mirror Deep begins with Kat Bonner's world being turned upside down. Now she's out to figure out what to do with her life now. But not only that she's trying to figure out what's going one with her second "cousin" Pierce whose feelings seem coming to her and everyone else. The book does have a lot of twists and turns before you finally figure out what's going on. But it just wasn't the type of suspense that had me on edge. It just kind of seemed like it was there, and nothing else. 

 I just couldn't get into it. For one thing I didn't really like any of the characters. They just didn't do it for me. I felt like Kat was very immature, and very annoying most of the time.I don't want to say a whole lot because I may ruin the story, but I will just say a lot of the choices Kat made didn't make a lot of sense to me, and it was frustrating. The only thing I really liked about the book was the cover and the ending. It has a good HEA, that made it worth reading. But other than that I just didn't connect with in any way. So I'm sad to say I didn't like this book at all. It wasn't written badly or anything, it just wasn't for me.



by Whitney Martin 7:55 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%