Friday, November 22, 2013

Title: Deadly Sting
Series: Elemental Assassin, #8
Author: Jennifer Estep
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars


Red is definitely my color. Good thing, because in my line of work, I end up wearing it a lot. 

 Most people shy away from blood, but for an assassin like me— Gin Blanco, aka the Spider—it’s just part of the job. Still, it would be nice to get a night off, especially when I’m attending the biggest gala event of the summer at Briartop, Ashland’s fanciest art museum. But it’s just not meant to be. For this exhibition of my late nemesis’s priceless possessions is not only the place to be seen, but the place to be robbed and taken hostage at gunpoint as well. No sooner did I get my champagne than a bunch of the unluckiest thieves ever burst into the museum and started looting the place. 

 Unlucky why? Because I brought along a couple of knives in addition to my killer dress. Add these to my Ice and Stone magic, and nothing makes me happier than showing the bad guys why red really is my color.


Deadly Sting begins when Finn talks Gin into go to an event that will end up revealing Mab's will along with her many possessions she had. While there she never expected to see some of her friends including Owen with another woman as a date. Now they weren't exactly on a "date" they were there just as friends but still. It hurt Gin to see even if Owen didn't know it. Not only that but while there an innocent woman loses her life, and there is a huge heist to steal all of the stuff in the gallery. But the made a mistake when they thought the spider was dead, but she's very much a live and very much going to kick some butt! 

 I liked this book, but I felt like it was more of a "filler" type of book than anything else. I mean it opened up a few things that go with the story, and we got to see more of Owen and Gin even though their relationship isn't really any better. But other than that I just felt like this wasn't really a main thing in this series. Plus it was slightly boring with mainly just Gin doing all of the action and her team basically on the outside..So over all it was okay, but not the best in the series. And probably my least favorite so far.



by Whitney Martin 5:13 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%