Saturday, October 5, 2013

Title: Worth The Fight
Series: MMA Fighter, #1
Author: Vi Keeland
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars


It didn’t matter that the ref called it a clean hit. Nico Hunter would never be the same.

 Elle has a good life. A job she loves, a great apartment, and the guy she’s been dating for more than two years is a catch and a half. But it’s boring…and she strives to keep it that way. Too many emotions are dangerous. Her own past is living proof of what can happen when you lose control. 

 Then Nico walks into Elle’s office and everything changes…for both of them. But what can the tattooed, hard-bodied MMA fighter and the beautiful and always steady attorney have in common? A lot more than they bargained for.


Worth the Fight begins with Elle living the "perfect" life. She has stable job, and a great boyfriend. But there's really not a whole lot of major feelings, he's really just a good friend. She's been trying to keep her life this way, mainly boring... But when she meets Nico things change. Nico walks into Elle's office and knows instantly that she's what he wants. He has no idea what it is about her but he wants her, and is going to stop at nothing to have her. These two have so much more in common than they even realized, they both are really wanting to get away from their past.

 I have to say I really enjoyed the book. The writing was good, and I loved both of the characters. I also loved how easy the book was to read, there wasn't a whole lot of angst, or the hero or heroine pushing the other away. Well not really anyways. The only thing that bothered me was I just couldn't "feel" a whole lot for Elle. I sort of felt like her character was just coasting by even in the end. I felt more emotions from Nico. Maybe it was just me though, so I don't know. But I liked Nico more than I liked Elle, even when he was being a jerk. So over all the book was good, I just didn't really feel a whole lot of emotions from Elle, and I really didn't like her all that much. I am considering reading the next book when it comes out as well.


by Whitney Martin 8:23 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%