Thursday, October 17, 2013

Title: Maybe This Time
Series: Maybe, #1
Author: Chantal Fernando
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars


Moving in with my half-brother Xander, I had no idea what to expect. But nothing could have prepared me for this. My brother’s friends are wild, protective, secretive, always around. And drop dead gorgeous. Out of all of them, there's something about Reid Knox. Brooding, temperamental, guarded… And I want him more than anything I have ever wanted in my life.


Maybe This Time begins when Summer goes to live with her half brother. Her mother died so now he and her father are the only family she has left. But she's gone her whole life with her mother telling her that her father didn't want her, and that her brother was no good. Now Summer has to find out for her self just how things are. And along the way she meets her brothers friends and one of them is Reid. They instantly have a major attraction but their a whole lot of hang ups along the way. Like ex girlfriends coming out of the woodwork, and tons of other stuff. But these two do their best to stand by each other through thick and thin. 

 This story line was interesting. But there were so many things that frustrated me. For one I sometimes didn't like Summer. I understood some of her actions, but then sometimes I thought she was being a real witch. Same goes for Reid in my opinion as well. Not only that I hated the way the time was written. Like towards the end we know that Summer is looking for Reid one night, and the next page it's been a whole month since she's seen him. I really hated that. It wasn't a smooth transition, it felt really choppy. (Hopefully that makes sense) 

 Then some of the stuff just felt forced and unimportant like the stuff with Jade. Then the fact that everyone kept so many secrets, and it just didn't make sense. I liked the book, but at the same time there were so many things I didn't like about it. So now I say I kind of want to read the next book because the little teaser that we got at the end of this one made it sort of interesting, but then again it also made me want to run the other way as well. So I guess over all the book was interesting, but there were a few pet peeves for me.


by Whitney Martin 9:32 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%