Sunday, September 8, 2013

Title: One Of The Guys
Author: Ashley Johnson
Rating: 2 Shooting Stars

Samantha (Sam) Montgomery's life changed in an instant. One minute you think you know someone and the next they are a stranger. When forced to make a decision, she ended up alone. All. Alone. 

 One step inside a gym was all it took. It was all she needed to get her on her feet. An escape in the ring. She was more determined than ever to move on, to forget her home life, to forget the guy she left behind. Until she saw those blue eyes.

 Cole Johnson wants nothing more than to spend his time training and dominating in the ring. It's what he's good at. It's what he does. He has no desire to be entangled in a relationship. But one look at Sam and he's gone. 

 Walls will be broken down, trust will be earned and love just may conquer. Or is she just One Of The Guys?



One Of The Guys is about Sam having some major changes happen in her life. After he father completely changes and hurts her, she decides to learn how to fight. At the gym she immediately locks eyes with the handsome Cole. He is also a fighter at the gym, and is instantly captivated by her. These two go head to head as soon as they meet and sparks fly.  
I liked the fact that Sam was a girl who was learning how to fight. That is what drew me to the story in the first place. However, I didn't really like Sam. Some of the choices she made drove me nuts, and had me confused. Also some of the things she does with Marsh her ex frustrated me as well. I however did like the rest of the characters. Cole was so sweet, and just wanted to be there for Sam. I felt bad for him sometimes, Sam didn't treat him very well in my opinion. 

 Over all I will say I didn't really like the book. I just wasn't for me. I didn't like Sam at all and that made it hard to enjoy the rest of the book. And another thing that ha me majority confused during the book was how the sense of time was portrayed. At the beginning of the book on chapter one it says "two months earlier" Then in chapter two it says "present." But the "present" part actually happens before Chapter Ones "two months earlier." And there where a few more instances like this where something happened two days before but the character say it happened th night before. That drove nuts and had me majority confused at the beginning. Other than that the girl fighting part was awesome. But I was disappointed with the rest of it.


by Whitney Martin 6:56 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%