Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Title: Lover Unbound
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5
Author: J.R. Ward
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

The ruthless and brilliant brother Vishous possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of a human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time-until a destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that does not include her.


Lover Unbound begins with V making a deal with the Scribe Virgin. This is a deal that has him "mated" to one of the Chosen, and he's going to have to get them pregnant. ("Shudders" I hated this) While he's making this type of plan, he's on a destructive path and ends up getting hurt and taken to a human hospital. There he meets Dr. Jane. When the brothers get there to take him home, he has a vision for the first time in a long time about the Doctor. So they take her with them. Jane knows inside that these men aren't human, but she doesn't want to believe it. It just isn't possible. But as the story continues she realizes that it is possible, and what's worse, she and V form a relationship that has them never wanting to let go of each other. 

 I won't say more because I don't want to ruin it, but I have to say this book was a major disappointment. 

These are the things that bugged me with this book: 
1) I hated the fact that V "loves" Butch, but I was glad about how that was explained later on, but I still didn't like some of the stuff that went on between them. 
 2) I hated the fact that in every book so far the brotherhood are mean to the human that is brought in yet they keep having humans either turn, or be able to stay with them. So this was getting frustrating. 
 3) The stupid Scribe Virgin constantly making horrible demands of the brotherhood, and all of the "old ways" this was getting so annoying. 
 4) The end. What happened to Jane in the end frustrated me beyond reason. I couldn't believe that!! So I have to say this one was my least favorite so far it really frustrated me.


by Whitney Martin 3:50 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%