Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Title: Lover Enshrined
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6
Author: J.R. Ward
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars


Fiercely loyal to the Black Dagger Brotherhood, Phury has sacrificed himself for the good of the race, becoming the male responsible for keeping the Brotherhood's bloodlines alive. As Primale of the Chosen, he is obligated to father the sons and daughters who will ensure that the traditions of the race survive, and that there are warriors to fight those who want all vampires extinguished. 

 As his first mate, the Chosen Cormia wants to win not only his body but his heart for herself. She is drawn to the noble responsibility behind the emotionally scarred male. But Phury has never allowed himself to know pleasure or joy. As the war with the Lessening Society grows grim, tragedy looms over the Brotherhood's mansion, and Phury must decide between duty and love.


This is Phury's story in the this series, and I have to say I was seriously disappointed in it. As Phury is the Primale of the chosen he is obligated to father children with forty different women. The thing is Phury is still carrying a torch for Bella. Not only that he has Cormia who all of a sudden is in love with him. Then there's all this other drama in his head that's going on causing so many bad things to happen. Not only that there is a bunch of drama happening with John, and some of the other trainees. 

 I have to say I only semi liked this one. And that was because of the end of it. I really hated all of the stuff Phury was dealing with, to me it just seemed stupid. He seemed so much weaker than the rest of the brotherhood. And I really lost a whole lot of respect for him. Not only that but there was hardly any romance in this book between Cormia, and Phury at all. It was manly them just trying to change things, or back out of things. Then all of the stuff with John was only semi interesting. Plus I also hated the stuff Z was dealing with. It really bugged me at times, because it felt like he was regressing from all of the progress he made in his book. I was super happy with the end though, and I thought it was sweet. I will read the next one, but I don't have much hope for it. These last two books have been major disappointments.


by Whitney Martin 11:29 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%