Thursday, August 22, 2013

Title: Unteachable
Author: Leah Raeder
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

This novel contains graphic sexual content and strong language. It is intended for mature readers. 

I met him at a carnival, of all corny places. The summer I turned eighteen, in that chaos of neon lights and cheap thrills, I met a man so sweet, so beautiful, he seemed to come from another world. We had one night: intense, scary, real. Then I ran, like I always do. Because I didn’t want to be abandoned again.

But I couldn’t run far enough.

I knew him as Evan that night. When I walked into his classroom, he became Mr. Wilke.

My teacher.

I don’t know if what we’re doing is wrong. The rules say one thing; my heart says screw the rules. I can’t let him lose his job. And I can’t lose him.

In the movies, this would have a happy ending. I grow up. I love, I lose, I learn. And I move on. But this is life, and there’s no script. You make it up as you go along.

And you don’t pray for a happy ending. You pray for it to never end.


Unteachable begins when Masie meets a man at a carnival. She's a messed up eighteen year old senior in high school, with problems at home. And she meets Evan someone she knows is a lot older, but she also knows that there is something different about him. They each find some sort of connection in the other when they meet and have sex.  But then she bails on him because it felt to real. 

They thought they would never see each other again. But when school starts Maise realizes that Evan is actually her teacher. At first neither one of them know what to do, but being in the same class every day with out actually "being together" gets difficult. So they form a secret relationship.

This book was not a nice fluffy angsty read. Oh no, it was very "gritty" and so REAL feeling. It shows the bad side of life that actually seems realistic. I will be honest at first I really didn't like Evan. I almost thought he was using Masie, but later on realized that wasn't the case at all. I loved how this book was written, and I loved the characters. So over all the book was very good. I really enjoyed it.


by Whitney Martin 1:46 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%