Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Title: This Girl
Series: Slammed, #3
Author: Colleen Hoover
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.

Colleen Hoover’s New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache. 

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from hispoint of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.


This Girl is the third book in the Slammed series. And I have to admit I had my doubts about how good this one could really be but it seriously surpassed good. 

This one continues from where Point Of Retreat left off, but it takes us back through Slammed in "now" with Layken's thoughts on the things that happened as well. 

There is only one part I thought shouldn't have even been in the book in the first place. I don't remember how far it was in the book, but it was about Eddie and Gavin setting Will up with someone other then Layken. And this to me was so pointless. I don't think it should have actually "happened" to Will at all. Because to me this is just something that could have pushed them farther away from each other, and hurt Layken very badly so I thought adding it into the story, and at this point as well was just dumb. 

However, other than that one part I really enjoyed the book. And I loved the epilogue! I just wish we had gotten to see a little bit more of their lives in the future, and being married. But I did enjoy the book overall so I'm thankful for how much we did get to see!


by Whitney Martin 9:52 AM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. Great Review! I really liked this one too and loved the way it was written as a flashback instead of just Will's POV of Slammed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree I really enjoyed that as well.

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%