Friday, August 16, 2013

Title: The Bones Of Others
Series: Skye Cree, #1
Author: Vickie McKeehan
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

Some monsters live in your head. Not this one.

Brutalized as a young girl by a vile sexual predator, Skye Cree is a survivor. Guided by the visions of her mystical spirit guide to the whereabouts of abducted girls, she uses her unique abilities to turn her horrifying past into a positive force for justice. Fighting the demons that have haunted her for years, she trusts only in herself—until she falls hard for a man for the first time in her life. Now, discovering her abductor is back with a vengeance, she becomes locked in a deadly race against time to stop the horrors of an evil human-trafficking ring that threatens to tear her world, and her newfound love apart.


This book starts out with Skye Cree being kidnapped as a young girl, then thirteen years later she's out trying to help capture sex offenders in Seattle. 
While she's out trying to find them, she saves the life of the local rich game developer Josh Ander.

Josh calls Skye his "avenging angel" and he has an instant attraction, and fascination with her. After she leaves him at his home, he wakes up and realizes he wants to find her. So he looks her up on the internet, and tracks her down. From there a whole new drama happens. Skye and Josh team up to locate the missing girls, while on the side they are each growing feelings for the other.


I have to say over all the book was okay. I had a really hard time deciding if I didn't like it (two star) or it was okay (three star). I decided that because I liked the "gist" of the story that it was okay. But I didn't like some of the "extra" stuff. At first I loved all of the stuff that helped Skye find the missing girls, but then towards the end of the book I just felt frustrated with what happened.


And at the beginning I really didn't care for Josh. I thought he was really whinny, and selfish. I thought Skye could do better than that. 

Now Skye is a serious bad@ss. She is super awesome. I loved her character. I won't be reading anymore of these books, but again over it was okay.



by Whitney Martin 11:55 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. It sounds like one of those books that could go either way, for sure. It has an interesting blurb, but somehow I think I'll be giving this one a pass. Thanks for sharing your review!

    Laureen @ Ms. Bibliophile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I will be honest, I almost stopped reading it at times. But I kept thinking it would get better, but it didn't. I was pretty bummed out about.

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%