Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Title: Point Of Retreat
Series: Slammed, #2
Author: Colleen Hoover
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars

Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart. 

Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.


Point of Retreat is about Will doing everything he can to prove to Layken how much he really loves her.
Along the way these two have go through lots of tests and trials with their little brothers, and with each other. I don't want to give too much away, so you will have to just check it out. However, this book was in Will's point of view, so that was a little different.

Overall the book was good, but I had a few problems with it. I really hated all of the stuff Layken was mad at will for. I get some of it, but then I felt she just threw it way out of proportion. I mean I do agree will acted like a jerk, and messed up but then he explained it all. So I though she would forgive him but it just seemed to go down hill from there. 

Once that drama was out of the way, I felt the book got really really good. Because that's when major drama happened, I felt really sad at that point. I know I cried a lot during the second half of this book. So I do recommend this one, but I believe the first one is much better.


by Whitney Martin 12:30 AM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%