Sunday, August 25, 2013

Title: Perfect Chemistry
Series: Perfect Chemistry, #1
Author: Simone Elkeles
Rating: 4 Shooting Stars


A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.
In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.


Perfect Chemistry begins when "perfect" rich girl Brittany Ellis gets paired to be Chemistry partners with the local gang thug Alex Fuentes. 

It's instantly class of "chemistry." Both of them are from different worlds, and they both seem to hate each other. But they can't help but be drawn to the other. They each see something in the other that they see in themselves. Alex, and Brittany aren't so different even though they are from different worlds.

This book has a whole lot of stuff going on in it. You have two star crossed lovers. Then you have the bad boy making about about the "good" girl. Not only that you have said bad boy in a gang trying to protect his family. So wow, there was a whole lot going on. 

Here are some things that bothered me about the book:

1) The whole book sort of felt rushed at times. I felt like I was missing something when time passed. 

2) I really didn't like Brittany in the first half of the book. I thought she was kind of selfish, and shallow.


So really there wasn't a whole lot I didn't like about the book. There are several things I did like however, Like:

1) I loved how Alex, and Brittany are together. They made a perfect couple.

2) I also enjoyed how Brittany was afraid of some of Alex's friends but she still stuck for herself. And I loved what she did in the end with Paco. I won't say anymore because I don't want to ruin it for you.

There's more I liked but I will leave it at that for now. I had a really hard time deciding what the rating should be on this book. I mean the book is good, but I guess I just thought it would be a whole more since I've read so many great reviews about it. I sort of got my hopes up. That said however, I still liked it. And i will be reading the next one in this series.


by Whitney Martin 4:20 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Perfect Chemistry, Whit. I was so impressed with Ms. Elkeles' portrayal of inner-city/gang life. I know nothing about it but it felt very realistic to me. I think you'll enjoy the series. :) I also really like Ms. Elkeles' Paradise books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say the second book, Rules of Attraction, was my favorite of this series. That book was amazing! I may have to check out Paradise series. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%