Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Title: Heartstrings
Series: Love Notes, #2
Author: Heather Gunter
Rating: 5 Shooting Stars

Everyone thinks of me as this happy and upbeat person. What they don't know is that I carry a deep, dark secret. Something horrible happened to me a year ago, and I have kept it quiet all this time. I was fine for a while, but somehow it’s chosen this time to come back, and it's eating at me--like a cancer.

I need to tell someone about it, I just don't know how. I'm pushing everyone I love away, including my mom and my best friend Charlie.

Then there is Will. Handsome, sweet Will. We went out on a date a while back, but then the incident happened leaving me crushed and him confused.

How do you tell someone you care about all of your secrets, and will they still want you when the truth comes out?



I'm going to start off my review by giving the author my deepest regards. I do not pity you, nor do I feel sorry for you. But I'm sorry for what happened to you. And I admire you for being a survivor. It takes a great deal of strength to be able to keep going after something like that happens. And I finding it very admiring that you put yourself out there in some ways in this book. I appreciate your bravery, and thank you for this beautiful but heartbreaking story.

Now on to the review. Heartstrings starts out with Tori keeping a horrible secret. It happened the night she went on her first date with Will. Now she's having flashbacks of what happened. After it being buried for over a year, it's all coming out now for Tori. She finally admits what happened to her to Charlie, and her mother. Tori just wants to get back to who she use to be, and she doesn't want to be afraid any longer. Things also seem to take a turn when Will becomes more determined to get close to her. He loves her, but Tori doesn't know if he will feel the same after she reveals her secret to him.

This book is beautiful. It was nice to see Charlie, and Mav again as well. But not only that we get to see Tori's breaking point, and follow her through her heartbreaking story. The author did a wonderful job of describing Tori's pain, and thought process. I also found it very interesting that we get to see her deal with her pain in a healthy way. She finally seeks help, I think that was the most beautiful part of all. She didn't go down a self destructive path, she used her family and friends to help her along with professional help. 

This book was truly beautiful. It is totally RIGHTEOUS! I loved it. It is a perfect sequel to Love Notes. I do however hope to see more of the gang, and may some new people as well. I hope the story continues. If not well then I am happy with getting to read these two stories. :)


by Whitney Martin 5:45 PM 2 comments

2 comments :

  1. I haven't read either of the books in this series, Whit, but they're on my TBR. Thanks for sharing your lovely review of Heartstrings. This story sounds exactly as you said - beautiful! And I hope to be able to read it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can to, it really is wonderful! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%