Sunday, August 4, 2013

Title: Diary Of A Vampeen
Series: Vamp Chronicles, #1
Author: Christin Lovell
Rating: 3 Shooting Stars

Imagine living a human charade for fifteen years and never knowing it. Imagine being provided less than a week to learn and accept your family’s true heritage before it overtook you. Alexa Jackson, Lexi, is abruptly thrown onto this roller coaster and quickly learns that she can’t change fate, regardless of how many lifetimes she is given. She will be transformed into a vampeen on her sixteenth birthday, she will be called upon to fulfill a greater destiny within the dangerous world of vampires, and she will have to risk heartbreak and rejection if she ever wants a chance at love with Kellan, whether she likes it or not.




Diary of a Vampeen starts out with Lexi, being a normal 15 year old girl. She has her first boyfriend Mike, and her best friend. These are really the only friends she has. She has major self esteem issues, because she feels like she's fat, and gets picked on by the other kids at school. 

But about a week before her 16th birthday, there is a knew guy in school named Kellan who makes Lexi's views change on how she really feels about her life. He's mysterious, dangerous looking, but yet she can't help be drawn to him. Not only that her parents seem to be keeping things from her, and when the truth finally comes out it will have Lexi's life spinning out of control. 

This book was a little bit different than a lot of vampire books I've read. Yet, it was also the same in some ways. I really didn't like the whole first half of the book, in my head I kept saying "this book is a two star" but I thought maybe towards the end it would get better, and it did. In the end I actually liked Lexi, and Kellan. I thought they were both very good characters, and liked everything going on between them. 

So overall the book was okay. There were things I liked about the book, which was the whole second half pretty much. Then things I didn't like, like for instance there seemed to be way to many "Twilight" references. That drove me nuts, then I really felt like Lexi was sort of shallow at the first part of the book. She seemed to just be settling with Mike, even though I didn't like him at all I still thought she was kind of dumb for being with him. Anyways, not sure if I will read anymore of this series, but it was okay. It was something that was somewhat different.


by Whitney Martin 11:45 PM No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Us

Search Our Site

Blog Archive

Proud Tour Host!

♥Blog Awards♥

2016 NetGalley Challenge
100 Book Reviews
80%